thumb.gif

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Wow... Night Fury is one kicka** rig!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
so SLI titan is how much faster in % compared to crossfired 7970 ?

·
OC...D
27,884 Posts
excellent work - better (much better) than any other comparison... anywhere! 2x+rep!! my crossfired watercooled 7970's are ageing quickly!
whistle.gif

·
Premium Member
11,389 Posts
Any way you can update the drivers for the remaining tests? It's quite a difference with NVIDIA's 314.22 drivers. Not trying to be nitpicky and I know you've put a TON of work into making this comparison for us, I just think it'd best represent the candidates from both sides. Awesome work so far!

·
MegaTechPC
19,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrossewacker View Post

Any way you can update the drivers for the remaining tests? It's quite a difference with NVIDIA's 314.22 drivers. Not trying to be nitpicky and I know you've put a TON of work into making this comparison for us, I just think it'd best represent the candidates from both sides. Awesome work so far!
The reason I stuck with 314.09 is that there are also newer AMD drivers available as well but since I can't retest them too I stuck with what I started the test out on.

·
MegaTechPC
19,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible20xx View Post

so SLI titan is how much faster in % compared to crossfired 7970 ?
I'll have an average performance percentage graph for all testing in my conclusion but I'd say its somewhere around 30-40% overall...

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Good job buddy. Despite what you said about being late to the game, no one did it with better style. I can say that for sure.

And dat blue pwer buttton! Must make it red!

·
Pigeon Poop Enthusiast
4,288 Posts
Forget the benchmarks, look at that rig,

·
MegaTechPC
19,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Awesome, thanks guys! Will be uploading the gaming benches tonight!
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
5,821 Posts
Excellent work.

For those of you wondering, this absolutely should count as news. A fellow OCN'er doing what Linus or TechReport or Anand does is worthy of looking at.
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
20,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmark2 View Post

Excellent work.

For those of you wondering, this absolutely should count as news. A fellow OCN'er doing what Linus or TechReport or Anand does is worthy of looking at.
thumb.gif
^this. could not have said it any better.

i wish i can have an array of hardware. great job, Majin!

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmark2 View Post

Excellent work.

thumb.gif
Linus being mentioned still makes me laugh.

Completely botches his H220 review, doesn't test thoroughly or correctly for most things and still has a good reputation with enthusiasts.

kookoo.gif

·
MegaTechPC
19,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Eh, I still like Linus. Though his Titan reviews were soppingly pro-Nvidia. By the way, I debated trying to put this comparison in the news section but figured the mods wouldn't allow it...

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Yea, but its representative of the rest of his reviews.. How much of his stuff is now outright pandering and oversight? He made a huge mistake and hooked up PWM fans to a voltage controller, got a 20C difference from 2 products which should have very similar performance profiles, then he published those results.

I have a problem with someone who sees a huge mistake in a product review, and still decides the data is valid. How many of his tests are invalidated by the way he poorly configured the hardware?

·
MegaTechPC
19,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Well in his defense its mostly Slick's fault now...
biggrin.gif

·
MegaTechPC
19,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
UPDATED

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avonosac View Post

Yea, but its representative of the rest of his reviews.. How much of his stuff is now outright pandering and oversight? He made a huge mistake and hooked up PWM fans to a voltage controller, got a 20C difference from 2 products which should have very similar performance profiles, then he published those results.

I have a problem with someone who sees a huge mistake in a product review, and still decides the data is valid. How many of his tests are invalidated by the way he poorly configured the hardware?
Yea he came out and fixed that bro
thumb.gif

How many reviewers admit they made a mistake! Hell, he even said during testing that something was strange. Linus tries, and the more opinions the better. Anyways, all in one cooling units are for the noobs so it shouldn't even impact a proper OCN'er if there is a bad review about something that one shouldn't even consider in the first place.
thumb.gif

I like linus
redface.gif

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acefire View Post

Yea he came out and fixed that bro
thumb.gif

How many reviewers admit they made a mistake! Hell, he even said during testing that something was strange. Linus tries, and the more opinions the better. Anyways, all in one cooling units are for the noobs so it shouldn't even impact a proper OCN'er if there is a bad review about something that one shouldn't even consider in the first place.
thumb.gif

I like linus
redface.gif
Where to start.
thinking.gif

Yes, he came out and fixed it for that product, that doesn't "fix" the fact that he saw a 20c difference in 2 very similar products and didn't step back to make sure he was using the hardware correctly. You're trying to use it as an isolated case, and to me it demonstrates how he thinks, and how he reviews. His processes - both thought and testing were flawed, so I won't be going to him as a primary source for reviews.

AIO units are for noobs huh? How about just an AD2 with a pump that isn't nearly as powerful and wasted in a 2 rad GPU CPU loop. How about don't act condescending to people who might not know any better yet, and will see his bad reviews and have their basic knowledge and opinions swayed incorrectly.

You can like Linus all you want, I'm not telling you to stop liking him. I'm making a statement that he was used as a great source for reviews by coach, and I disagree with him being included for the reasons stated above. It's my opinion, take it with a grain of salt, but maybe you could also consider it.

21 - 40 of 133 Posts