Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 133 Posts

·
MegaTechPC
Joined
·
19,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Lol, games charts are up but we are busy arguing over Linus!
tongue.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,658 Posts
Thank you for your amazing effort, great contribution to the Community
thumb.gif


TBH, most of the results were kinda what i expected. sure the 50% gaps caught me a bit off-gourd but overall what could you really expect? no one could deny that The Titan wouldn't be better than the 7970 at least 25% and it would get better for the Titan at higher resolutions. also the 7970 OCing really proves itself as a great thing (and the Titan too).

i still think the Titan is overpriced, even if it can score 50% higher doesn't mean it should cost 150% more (7970 @400$)
(but then again it is OCN
biggrin.gif
)

and for the Linus argument, you can't beat Rumble and Rocket
tongue.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,199 Posts
Somebody mention linus wait wait for it...



sure..........

Now looking a crysis 3 and metro 2033 which are the only 2 tests that i really care for of the bunch.

IMO is a bad investment specially when you need 2 to run a res higher than 1080P
 

·
RGB Numba Wan!
Joined
·
23,319 Posts
Good stuff
thumb.gif
 

·
MegaTechPC
Joined
·
19,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
If the Titan was overpriced it wouldn't OoS everywhere for over a month. Besides, people could argue that the 7970 was overpriced when it came out as well...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zGunBLADEz View Post

because it is?
Yeah, but everyone already knows it. Especially those of us who shelled out for it.

There is no question about whether it's overpriced, each person looking at them has to decide 'is it worth it for me', not if titan is worth it.
 

·
MegaTechPC
Joined
·
19,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I don't feel any card is overpriced if people are willing to pay it. I paid $600 each for my 580 Lightnings when they first came out and they were well worth it to me as are my Titans and as were my 7970's...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

If the Titan was overpriced it wouldn't OoS everywhere for over a month. Besides, people could argue that the 7970 was overpriced when it came out as well...
well, it was. sure it was a bit harder to see because it was the ONLY card (of the new gen) back then but in hindsight yes it was.

but with the Titan, the overpricing actually helps the sales too. it is not only the Titan performance but also the 1k$ price tag in itself that sells.
 

·
Watercooling Enthusiast
Joined
·
4,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKTGX95 View Post

well, it was. sure it was a bit harder to see because it was the ONLY card (of the new gen) back then but in hindsight yes it was.

but with the Titan, the overpricing actually helps the sales too. it is not only the Titan performance but also the 1k$ price tag in itself that sells.
exclusivity sells. Bentley's pricing model actually follows that same line of reasoning.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

I don't feel any card is overpriced if people are willing to pay it. I paid $600 each for my 580 Lightnings when they first came out and they were well worth it to me as are my Titans and as were my 7970's...
u are rich my friend.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
21,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avonosac View Post

Why can we not have a titan performance thread without someone busting in and saying its overpriced.

doh.gif
Because you can't have a fair comparison between two products with such a crazy difference in price, duh. If you say oh it kicks 7970's butt, it's not a fair point given that Titan is more expensive by greater than 150%.

Really, Titan should be embarrassed to cost $1100 and only return 30% over a $400 dollar gpu. On a purely performance level it is a good clip faster but it's supposed to be so I'm not sure why it needs a pat on the back.
headscratch.gif
 

·
Watercooling Enthusiast
Joined
·
4,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

Because you can't have a fair comparison between two products with such a crazy difference in price, duh. If you say oh it kicks 7970's butt, it's not a fair point given that Titan is more expensive by greater than 150%.

Really, Titan should be embarrassed to cost $1100 and only return 30% over a $400 dollar gpu. On a purely performance level it is a good clip faster but it's supposed to be so I'm not sure why it needs a pat on the back.
headscratch.gif
By that logic every Intel extreme edition chip ever produced should be embarrased. Price never has and never will scale with performance, especially "luxury" products. The fact $1000 can be charged is exactly why it's worth $1000.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

I don't feel any card is overpriced if people are willing to pay it. I paid $600 each for my 580 Lightnings when they first came out and they were well worth it to me as are my Titans and as were my 7970's...
Pretty much what I'm getting at. Whether considered overpriced or not, it is worth it for the ones who want & can afford it, it obviously wasn't so overpriced that no one would touch it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

Because you can't have a fair comparison between two products with such a crazy difference in price, duh. If you say oh it kicks 7970's butt, it's not a fair point given that Titan is more expensive by greater than 150%.

Really, Titan should be embarrassed to cost $1100 and only return 30% over a $400 dollar gpu. On a purely performance level it is a good clip faster but it's supposed to be so I'm not sure why it needs a pat on the back.
headscratch.gif
I want to agree with you on this one, yes it should be embarrassed... But seriously, we know its overpriced.. we had to pay for it. That rationalization has been around since the price point was officially announced $200 higher than we all expected. I'm just wondering why after so long people with nothing else to contribute to the Titan discussion chime in that it's overpriced. That statement is helpful, meaningful and educational to exactly 0 persons.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
21,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avonosac View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

Because you can't have a fair comparison between two products with such a crazy difference in price, duh. If you say oh it kicks 7970's butt, it's not a fair point given that Titan is more expensive by greater than 150%.

Really, Titan should be embarrassed to cost $1100 and only return 30% over a $400 dollar gpu. On a purely performance level it is a good clip faster but it's supposed to be so I'm not sure why it needs a pat on the back.
headscratch.gif
I want to agree with you on this one, yes it should be embarrassed... But seriously, we know its overpriced.. we had to pay for it. That rationalization has been around since the price point was officially announced $200 higher than we all expected. I'm just wondering why after so long people with nothing else to contribute to the Titan discussion chime in that it's overpriced. That statement is helpful, meaningful and educational to exactly 0 persons.
Does the Veyron owner derive satisfaction from comparing and sometimes barely edging out a 911 Turbo? Really?
 
41 - 60 of 133 Posts
Top