Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know which i should overclock the most. clock core or mem?
right now im doing both 250/500 to 305/611

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
well, why not both? thats the best way, as one thing doesnt affect the other, so theres nopoint in just overclocking one. but if u wanna know, i think memory is is more important

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

well, why not both? thats the best way, as one thing doesnt affect the other, so theres nopoint in just overclocking one. but if u wanna know, i think memory is is more important

ok ty guys.

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
just to let you know

if you're using coolbits.. and click detect optimal frequencies.. thats nowhere near the max

mine came stock 270/390 and coolbits said 295/443 as optimal.. but it passed the test up to 333/463 , i have it set to 315/455 and its perfectly stable

by the way, take off you heatsink and wipe off all the stock heatsink grease, replace that with arctic silver 5 or antec reference .. thats what i did

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigval

just to let you know

if you're using coolbits.. and click detect optimal frequencies.. thats nowhere near the max

mine came stock 270/390 and coolbits said 295/443 as optimal.. but it passed the test up to 333/463 , i have it set to 315/455 and its perfectly stable

by the way, take off you heatsink and wipe off all the stock heatsink grease, replace that with arctic silver 5 or antec reference .. thats what i did

k ty

·
Registered
133 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azule

k ty

I like NVTweak better than Coolbits. It has coolibits included in it..
Click Detect optimal freq's and u have to have some patience before it finally gets you to the max optimal freq. You will probably be able to go beyond this limit, as long as you make sure the temps are not spiking under load, as well as no artifacts while playing games/benchmark tools like 3dmark03/05.

My 6600GT OC is now running at 579/1190 (optimal freq gave me 550/1150)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by abeautifulmind

I like NVTweak better than Coolbits. It has coolibits included in it..
Click Detect optimal freq's and u have to have some patience before it finally gets you to the max optimal freq. You will probably be able to go beyond this limit, as long as you make sure the temps are not spiking under load, as well as no artifacts while playing games/benchmark tools like 3dmark03/05.

My 6600GT OC is now running at 579/1190 (optimal freq gave me 550/1150)

ahh. on Doom 3 overclocking helps a little. I still lag like hell tho.. [Next vid card upgrade is a PNY Verto 6600 GT
I cant fine a OC one for sale] I Need the money, im seeing one for sell for 250$ I can probably get it then tweak it some.. ill be happy. And yea. I can pass the limits its just that if i do.. the game starts to freeze for like 5 secs. l

·
Registered
15 Posts
On my PNY 5700LE. I OC'd only the Core slowly from 250 to 440 and saw a big boost in preformance in my games. Temps stayed around 123ºF/50ºC and I didnt notice any artifacts. When i increased the Memory with the core higher than 320 it crashes. I could probably even go more with just the core Oc'd but I wanted to be safe. If I oc both, They can be stable at 300/600 but I get better preformance with it at 440/500.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts