Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the Lan Party Database in the videogame section and thought we could really organize this into something. So it would be easier to get the word out of LANs or to help a fellow overclocker, we should have a Member Location Database. We could go by state, or for the larger cities, have their own thing. Here's a rough copy of what I'm thinking

STATE
NAME
EXPERIENCE IN OVERCLOCK/DO YOU LAN

So something like this
Southern Indiana
Kevin Tsoi
New to overclocking/Yes

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
welp, my lan party database thread was started to organize lans based on location... besides, theres already a thread titled something like "where are you from" AND jeremy started an oc.net member map - http://www.overclock.net/new-members...ember-map.html

so theres really no need for a "Member Location Database"... its quite redundant to check a member location database only to have to go back to the lan party database to actually check for lans in a specific area

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, I didn't notice the other two threads about where you from. I just noticed that the Lan Party Database was a bit messy and I thought after collecting people's info, it could be organized by state so you could just go to your state and see who's all there, and if you need help or want to go to a lanparty, you could look it up easily. But I'll try to find the other two threads, I only did a rough look though overclock.net, guess I should have looked a bit more closely

edit\\\\ Found the "Where are you from" Thread, again, it looks a bit messy, just kinda random posting. I guess the suggestion wouldn't really be a member database, but just organize the already exsisting date into countries then down into states/provinces/other things that I don't know what they're called.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
yeah, all topics eventually go off topic or get convoluted... Im pretty sure that "where are you from" thread is just jumbled like crazy now

regarding my lan party thread, yeah, the people who have posted arent following the proper format at all...
... however, theres only so much that can be done when a topic isnt popular enough to be stickied and looked after... if it were used more, I would certainly edit my initial post every time a new lan came up or if someone pmed me to add a lan... that way people could just check the first post instead of having to dig through the thread for the necessary information

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The "Where Are Your From" page is basically 36 pages of nothing....but that would be the perfect start for Admin and other Mods to organize. Get all the Mods there are and have them go though a certain number of pages, and making a list of the State, City, and Name, then send to admin and post that on as the first post. Then whoever adds their info later on can be added to the list easily.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
what about UK entries?

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
if someone wants to list all the locations, they certainly can, but I dont see all that happening...
... unless you really think a member location database is necessary, then you can go for it...

my lan party thread isnt about getting locations listed, its about having a single place to announce lans so I dont want anything added to my thread unless its lan party info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts