Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do the memoclock limits work? How do I set the divider to 1:1? What's the best divider for overclocking?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by stormlobster
How do the memoclock limits work? How do I set the divider to 1:1? What's the best divider for overclocking?
If you are using DDR400 set the Mem Limit to 200MHz, that will be 1:1.

The best divider for overclocking depends on alot of things. Basically depending on how high your cpu can overclock or how high you decide to overclock your cpu you may or may not have to use a divider as it also depends on how high your ram can overclock.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks that gogar thing looks helpful but here's my question. What do those different mem limits have to do with my overclock? Lets say I increase the fsb to 250. What would I set my divider to?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by stormlobster
What do those different mem limits have to do with my overclock? Lets say I increase the fsb to 250. What would I set my divider to?

"Not knowing if you have DDR400 or DRR500, let's assume you have DDR400"

If you increase your cpu-fsb to 250 and your mem limit is at 200MHz (1:1 divider) your ram will be running at 250MHz (DDR500). If your ram can run at those speeds great! If not, you will have to use a divider (Set the mem limit to a different MHz).

Lets say you set the Mem Limit to 166MHz and your cpu-fsb is at 250. Your ram will then (rough estimate) be running at real close to 200MHz (DDR400), probably more like 199.5 MHz.

If you set the mem limit to 183 MHz and your cpu-fsb to 250 your ram would be running around 220MHz (DDR440).

Basically it all depends on how fast your memory can run stable whether or not you need a divider.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
What Ballistix do you have... DR400, DDR500?
The 400 may do DDR500 with a bit of tweaking

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ddr500 but im getting errors in memtest

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
What is the voltage at? Ballistix DDR500 should handle 2.8v with no issues!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts