Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my memory is pc3200 and my bus speed is at 133mhz (ddr266)
now i dont want to overclock my bus speed but is it possible to put down the timings of my memory since it is faster than my bus speed

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
First welcome to the forums !
Next step is to fill out your specs by clicking on this link so we can help you better.
If your motherboard allows you to set the frequency for your memory (or even a FSB:RAM divider) then yes you can tone down your memory speed to that of your processor.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive changed my specs hope the are correct cuz im not at my own computer

about cpu memory and video card in 100% sure

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when i put my memory speed the same as my bus speed will the can i narrow the timings a bit because they are running at a slower speed the nusual

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Hmm.. I'm sorry I'm not familiar with this motherboard however you should look in your bios for something like "Advanced Settings or Features" and if/when you find it you should look for something that allows you to set your RAM frequency in MHz or for an option that allows you to set something called "FSB:RAM ratio or divider".

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
in 10 min i wont be able to go on the intrnet because my internet at home is down guess i can go on the web again friday
:swearing:

greetz

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
with my motherboard i can adjust each timing by half points and adjust the memory speed in steps or i can use profiles

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by yick

with my motherboard i can adjust each timing by half points and adjust the memory speed in steps or i can use profiles

I'm not sure I understood your first question/post.

If you were asking how to lower your memory frequency then that's what I was already talking about in my previous posts.

If, on the other hand, you were asking if it's ok to lower your memory frequency to that of your cpu then you should know that AMD systems get more performance when memory timings (CAS, RAS etc...) are tighter (meaning their numbers are smaller) than when you increase memory frequency. So I'd say you should lower your memory speed/frequency to match your cpu's as this will allow you to tighten memory timings further more (from something like 3-3-3-8 to 2.5-3-3-6 for example).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tnx thats what i meant actually i ll try that thank u

1 - 9 of 9 Posts