Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everybody

I am just making a very light tutorial with a collection of custom config files and a DOWNLOAD LINK for TM5 v0.12

None of the work is mine but it seems like a pretty good and fast testing app

Basic Instructions

1/ Extract to a location of you choosing using 7zip or similar
2/ You should see a TM5.exe and a bin folder
3/ Open the bin folder
4/ Rename the chosen .cfg file to MT.cfg (you could remove all the .config files to another location and copy just the one you want to the bin folder and re-name it MT.cfg)
5/ Go to the TM5.exe and click it. TestMem5 should start to run
6/ If you want to change to a different .cfg file you must re-name it MT.cfg and delete the Cfg.link file that was generated in the bin folder when the TM5.exe was executed
7/ I suggest extracting a new instance from the TestMem5 v0.12 (best configs).zip and starting the process again from the top after renaming the first extracted folder to something else
8/ If you want to just change the config file in the first one you extracted you must delete the Cfg.link file that was made during the first execution
9/ Be sure to close everything else when running this
10/ There is a button above the "Exit" button called "Load config & exit" that is supposed to delete the Cfg.link file and exit the program instead of doing it manually

In no particular order:

Ollie.cfg
[email protected] anta777.cfg
1usmus_v3.cfg

Please comment on your favorite .cfg and why
Thankyou :)

Feel free to add/suggest edits to this post

https://testmem.tz.ru/testmem5.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
Excellent thread @munternet :)

That Cfg.link file seems to reappear everytime you run the program, but it is only the first time, or first time with a new preset, that we must delete it right?
10 cycles with single rank memory and 5 cycles with dual rank memory is still enough, or do people run it for like 100 cycles?

Edit : munternet could you fix the download links? Google Chrome thinks it is an email adress....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Excellent thread @munternet :)

That Cfg.link file seems to reappear everytime you run the program, but it is only the first time, or first time with a new preset, that we must delete it right?
10 cycles with single rank memory and 5 cycles with dual rank memory is still enough, or do people run it for like 100 cycles?

Edit : munternet could you fix the download links? Google Chrome thinks it is an email adress....

You get it all with one click ... look at pic from my post ...

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,070 Posts

·
Overclock the World
1,902 Posts
I think we should modify 1usmus_V3 to 20 cycles instead of 6
That matches with anta's 3 cycles config , where both take 1:30h for 16GB and logically twice for 32GB
6 cycles 1usmus_V3, doesn't find issues with tRFC and so also tREFI
Also any config taking less than 45-60min won't let memory reach thermal equilibrium :eek:

·
Registered
310 Posts
I think we should modify 1usmus_V3 to 20 cycles instead of 6
Yes, you can edit the cfg file and set that yourself.

·
Premium Member
9,081 Posts
Thank you for this. I didn't feel like puting 10$ for a memory tester like Karhu when you can get this for free.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If anyone can find a tutorial or read-me for this in English I will add it to the first post :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Glad I found this thread, was annoying how 1usmus_V3 was stopping after 3 cycles.
Downloading & running the app from link in 1st post shows app running only 5 tests, is it suppose to do this with new conifg?
Iusmus_V3 had 15 tests.

·
Registered
81 Posts
How do i change the language to English, thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: rares495
1 - 14 of 14 Posts