Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
i recently joined this site and so far it has been great. much better than other sites around

my questions is that i have 2 sticks of these babies in my rig and i want to know what is the best setup timing i can have with them.

Kingmax 466 pc3700

Capacity: 256MB/512MB (i have 512MB)
. Performance range - 233MHz ( DDR466, CL3)
. Double-data-rate architecture; two data transfers per clock cycle
. Bi-directional data strobe (DQS)
. Differential clock inputs (CK and CK#)
. DLL aligns DQ and DQS transition with CK transition
. Auto & self refresh capability (8192 Cycles / 64ms)
. Single 2.6V ±0.1V power supply
. Programmable Read latency 2.5(clock)
. Programmable Burst length (2, 4, 8)
. Programmable Burst type (Sequential & Interleave)
. Edge aligned data output, center aligned data input
. Serial presence detect with EEPROM

picture below shows my current setting.
thanx in advance.
been away from computers for a long time.

but if anyone needs help with Satelittle i am here to help

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
It's difficult to say exactly how tight any specific memory can be run. It depends on several factors, e.g. the voltage you have your memory running at and how fast you have your FSB set. The best thing you can do is to just try some lower timings and use MemTest86 to see if your RAM is stable at those timings.

Also note thast lower FSB settings usually make it easier to run tighter timings stably, but it's not generally a good tradeoff. Faster FSB with looser timings will usually give you better overall system performance than a slower FSB with tighter timings. If you have any doubts, use benchmarks (SiSandra, 3DMark, etc.) to measure your PC's performance both ways, then just pick the config that had better results.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i dono
i really don't like playing with it.
once it went off on me and then i had to reset the batt.
here is a picture of the timing they have but i don't really understand it.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
My best advice would be to run 233x10 if you can, which I'd bet that chip will 2.33GHz, or see if you can do 245x9 and overclock the memory a bit more with looser timings and more voltage. You could also use a half multiplier 232x9.5, but they tend to significatly decrease the memory bandwidth. I run mine at 250x10 with a 5:4 memory ratio

1 - 5 of 5 Posts