Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am having some issues with running my ram at its default speeds. When I am in windows after about 5 minutes the system will crash if the memory is run at anything above 1066 mhz speed (rated 1600) and yet when it is at 1600 it passes memtest and windows diagnostics fine... Can anyone explain this? The system has crashed dozens of times when I have altered memory speed but runs absolutely rock solid when set to auto... I have attempted to run at 1.65 v also and stock speed nothing...

It's Corsair xms 6x2gb 1600 @ 8 timing

Asus P6T se

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Hey, after a quick google I found this thread, it seems that 1333mhz is the highest clockspeed this CPU supports, so that would mean even though your RAM is actually fine, your CPU just cannot handle the clockspeed for whatever reason - poor IMC or something else, I'm not sure. I'm not familiar with the architecture
tongue.gif

Here's the link I found: https://communities.intel.com/thread/21872?start=0&tstart=0

• Rep+
Reactions: Stewart=B

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey m8 thx I think you are right because the issue does not seem to be the ram, cpu or motherboard. I now have installed a new CPU the xeon x5672 which runs memory at 1333. The bios auto sets the ram now to 1333 and its stable. I have also clocked the cpu to 4gz and ram to 1540mhz and seems to be holding strong so I think there was an issue there like you said. Cheers o7

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Hey, no problem
tongue.gif
o7

1 - 4 of 4 Posts