Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys some of you may have been helping me through my woes in the past. Well now comes another one. I've been trying to get past 3606mhz on my p4-630. I just tried setting my memory into a 1:1 ratio with the FSB and I had instability. The system wouldn't boot. Before I set it 1:1 the memory was running 200mhz and the FSB was 240mhz. I up'd the vdimm to 1.9v and then when i rebooted there was nothing. Any ideas on how to run the memory in 1:1 will be appreciative.

PS - I am also still trying to get past the 600mhz OC so any advice on that is appreciated as well!

·
Banned
85 Posts
I'm having the same issue except with PC3200 ram. Try loosening the latency and then running 1:1. You'll probably be screwed like me and lose processor OC to get a minor increase in memory OC. See my bandwidth thread "Help with increasing bandwidth."

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
With PC2-6400, you shouldn't have any issues with running 1:1 on your system. I would suggest setting your timings manually if you haven't already done so; some systems have issues with SPD timings. Also, you may want to bump your vdimm a notch. At that speeds, stock voltage should be enough, but sometimes a bit of extra juice is helpful, even at relatively low speeds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts