Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting lots errors on test #4. I ran memtest for 2hrs and had over 84 errors on test #4 and nothing else. Has anyone heard about this test number? Should I ship this ram back or is it a bios fix? My system is all in auto no ocing done. When I run checkit diagnostics I get a Memory Allocation Failed.

·
Premium Member
12,297 Posts
Try setting the voltage and timings of the RAM manually, if the stock voltage doesn't work try upping it a bit

·
Premium Member
12,297 Posts
Sometimes your motherboard will set the timings or voltage wrongly, or the RAM will need a tiny bit of extra voltage over the Auto one to run stably.

The more things you set as manually the more you can be sure there is something wrong with the RAM and not the settings

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by civilr View Post
If your ram is a dual channel kit you should return both instead of just the defective one.
Corsair requires you to RMA the entire kits and not just individual DIMM from a kit.

I say bump the voltages to 2.3v and see how far you can overclock it. If it can't get high, you can always just RMA. Also, it could be a PSU 3.3v stability problem that can cause your memory not to run at stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts