Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it seems that from now on, what i would be doing when getting a new mouse is removing the dpi button (dont ask me why!) and taping over the hole.

Just the plastic mechanism tho, not the microswitch , and unsoldering the leds (to avoid crapifying the onboard by installing software)

And now for my next trick i would have to ask someone if this is possible :

To remove the onboard memory itself? Like absolutely remove whatever chip is in there that has the dpi steps stored and make the dpi button pressed , fail to do anything?

Or this kills the mouse?

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I can't really answer your question, but are you doing this to avoid accidental presses of the dpi button?

·
Registered
742 Posts
To remove the onboard memory itself? Like absolutely remove whatever chip is in there that has the dpi steps stored and make the dpi button pressed , fail to do anything?

Or this kills the mouse?
I'm pretty sure if you remove part of the mouse's brain, it dies.

Why not get an old school mouse that has no brains and no memory?

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
On my logitech mx518 I've been told it's possible to remap all the DPI buttons to other functionality -- and the on-board NVRAM is essential for that functionality, but I didn't bother and just adapted to avoiding them like the plague.

·
Registered
497 Posts
So it seems that from now on, what i would be doing when getting a new mouse is removing the dpi button (dont ask me why!) and taping over the hole.

Just the plastic mechanism tho, not the microswitch , and unsoldering the leds (to avoid crapifying the onboard by installing software)

And now for my next trick i would have to ask someone if this is possible :

Or this kills the mouse?
just make one profile remove all the dpi steps aside from your preferred DPI and either continue remove the dpi button or rebind it as a generic mouse button or key

1 - 5 of 5 Posts