Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just heard from a friend that Merchants of Brooklyn is out. I am going to buy it and play it later tonight, but I figured since there is little info about this game, that we could open up a thread about it.

So has anybody played this yet? Any good? How does it run?

All I know about the game is that:

#1. You have a robotic arm

#2. You can rip peoples heads off/smash faces/poke eyes out

#3. It uses the Cryengine2. (mostly for the physics)

That was enough info for me to pay the $15.99 on steam.

VIEW THE TRAILER HERE!

Here are some screens and the system requirements.

System Requirements

o OS: XP/Vista
o Processor: Core Duo
o Memory: 2 GB RAM
o Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or better
o DirectX®: Direct X 9
o Hard Drive:
o Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More screens added

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, nobody has really shown any attention, so I will go ahead and give my account of the game (I bought and played it last night)

The game starts out like a comic book, telling you the story behind the main character. It looks pretty cool and really gets you really excited to play the game. Then you enter the arena and the excitement wanes....instantly.

The game looks absolutely horrid unless you have 4XAA on. There are black outlines around the characters and models which look jaggy as hell unless you have lots of AA on. I had to turn the details from all very high to all high in order to maintain playable framerates, and sustain the 4XAA on my HD4850.

After changing all the graphical settings to run smooth and look good, I started getting acquainted with the controls. They are awful. In the very beginning you have the ability to punch (left mouse) and charge-punch (right mouse). Regular punches does little to no damage. Charge-punching works better, but the enemy will dodge it 95% of the time. Seriously. It is SO DAMN SLOW. I could rub one out in the time it takes to fully charge a punch, and discharge it. Luckily, if you have seen the trailer, you can pick items off of the floor and charge them, then throw them like grenades(even though you don't OFFICIALLY have the ability until later in the game
).

I will save you from the rest of the story, but you basically have to fight hordes of these tard-like neanderthal dudes, with crappy weapons and guns. I had tons of glitches with this game. Audio glitches, saved game issues, freeze-ups, system crashes, and strippers floating around the map like it were some weird stop-motion animation. Yes, you are reading that right.

IN CONCLUSION:

Don't buy this game under any circumstances. It is an unfinished game in my opinion. (and yes I got the right build version from steam)

Unless you get kicks out of paying money for testing that the developer should be paying YOU for, save yourself the headache and pass on this one.

·
Owner of 20 SSDs
4,727 Posts
lol, yea, i wish this game could have been better, it's renamed to Drug wars for some reason.

The idea of punching heads off and throwing them like grenades was cool, but the game blew up because that's all you do, kill stuff... what about mission, story? like, you against your creator or something?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.