Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
how much would international shipping to germany cost me for a 500$ Mercury S8??? doesnt have to be an official price, just an estimate would be good so i know how much money i have to save up
biggrin.gif

Regards

·
Registered
516 Posts
When I ordered my S8 in Apr 2014, the shipping was $98. When I ordered my X2M in April 2015, it was $105.90.

Don't forget t make an allowance for the Import Duty and German VAT (19%?). The VAT is chargeable on the shipping too as it is a Goods and Services tax and shipping counts as a service.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/ will give you the details.

• Rep+
Reactions: 0xzz

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielCoffey View Post

When I ordered my S8 in Apr 2014, the shipping was $98. When I ordered my X2M in April 2015, it was $105.90.

Don't forget t make an allowance for the Import Duty and German VAT (19%?). The VAT is chargeable on the shipping too as it is a Goods and Services tax and shipping counts as a service.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/ will give you the details.
hmm ok so i think it would be better to buy at the german reseller gamingrigs.de

K

·
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xzz View Post

hey guys,
how much would international shipping to germany cost me for a 500$ Mercury S8??? doesnt have to be an official price, just an estimate would be good so i know how much money i have to save up
biggrin.gif

Regards
You can get a real time shipping quote if you add items to your shopping cart, and enter your shipping info at checkout.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_CL View Post

You can get a real time shipping quote if you add items to your shopping cart, and enter your shipping info at checkout.
ok, thats the cheapest option available:
Shipping (UPS Online (includes brokerage fee) (Worldwide Expedited)) $119.68
will there be any customs duty or will this just ship right to my house?

·
Registered
516 Posts
If you are in the EU, yes there will be Duty and VAT. The UPS Online fee is just the shipping from CaseLabs to the EU Customs Depot. They will then assess the package for Duty and VAT, notify you via letter, hold it and wait for your payment when they will release it.

Use the DutyCalculator website to work out how much it will come to and allow a little US->Euro exchange fluctuation.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielCoffey View Post

If you are in the EU, yes there will be Duty and VAT. The UPS Online fee is just the shipping from CaseLabs to the EU Customs Depot. They will then assess the package for Duty and VAT, notify you via letter, hold it and wait for your payment when they will release it.

Use the DutyCalculator website to work out how much it will come to and allow a little US->Euro exchange fluctuation.
ok i just did and even with 0$ insurance cost, i would pay a total of 790$, thats around 710€. so buying from gamingrigs.de would be around the same price and a lot faster (i live 15 mins away from them) without the hassle of customs

·
Registered
510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Case Labs View Post

Yes, all the prices are quoted on our site are in US Dollars. There are no duties going to Canada however because of NAFTA (for now anyway
frown.gif
)
Could you clarify that? Just say if I decided to buy a S8, am I paying what ever is in the cart or is there another hidden fee?

Last question, could you give me an estimate when Gemini will be revealing? First half of 2017 or other half? Last question regarding Gemini, does any version consist of horizontal layout?

Reason for asking is i'm on the fence if i should wait or buy the S8 now if it's a longggg wait...
tongue.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts