Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is pissing me off
ive been trying for a few hours to get this box to pop up when a user logs on.......ive tried reading guides and all seem to be the same thing im doing...which is changing the "Interactive logon: Message text for users attempting to log on" in the local security settings to the message i want.....however....NOTHING pops up when the user logs on...whats going on?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure if i understand your question,,,,,,,,im simply using a windows xp w/ 3 user accouts....administrator, user1 that is a poweruser, and user2 that is a user.....using windows xp...control panel>admin tools> local Security settings

·
Somewhere in time
1,488 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by morbid_bean
View Post

Not sure if i understand your question,,,,,,,,im simply using a windows xp w/ 3 user accouts....administrator, user1 that is a poweruser, and user2 that is a user.....using windows xp...control panel>admin tools> local Security settings

He is asking if you are in an Active Directory domain environment. I don't think your log on message will work unless your PC's are in a domain environment using server log on scripts so you may be wasting your time with the policy settings. A simple way to do this is that you could create a text message in notepad and add it to each users startup folder, I'm sure there are numerous other ways as well but there you go.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
!SOLVED!
Apparantly you have to also enter something in the TITLE too, which is the entry right under or above "logon: Message text for users attempting to log on"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts