Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought it cause it was on sale and I know it looks good (main reason I bought it) but never really listened to anyone say anything about the story. lol.

so is the story any good?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Uhhh.. I liked it. It's a very linear game but... I'd say it's a good story.

Protip: DX9 > DX11 when it comes to FPS.

Also, spoiler? Surprisingly it's not really a scary game besides that part where you're getting chased by gigantic *******s in a library.
biggrin.gif

Also expect stuff to jump out at you.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
I've heard that it's a pretty enjoyable game.

From what I've heard, pretty much the only game which can stress your hardware but still be fun at the same time
upsidedwnsmiley.gif

·
Registered
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epona;11915570
I've heard it's got a better story than Crysis, so if you're looking for a hardware stressing game it's probably better than Crysis. I've heard mixed opinions about it though.
somewhat offtopic but,
i never really played crysis, was the story that bad?

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
It was a lot different then i thought. Think stalker with NO open world elements in it, its got a OK story and varied environments. Its worth a play through if only to admire the graphics.

·
Registered
394 Posts
i think it was a really good game, the only downside that it was to linear.. would have liked a more open world sort of thing, like go to the surface to find special items to sell or something like that.
but the story is good and graphics are good even on medium and better on high.

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_dalder_I;11915700
It was a lot different then i thought. Think stalker with NO open world elements in it, its got a OK story and varied environments. Its worth a play through if only to admire the graphics.
STALKER without open world exploring may as well be mario kart ;p

METRO looked nice in its own way, had some interesting elements and an OK story, but all in all it boiled down to a less than enthralling experience. I don't say that to knock it, because it stands on its own in a lot of ways.

I'd pay $15-$20 for it now, but I paid ~$60 when it came out and certainly have buyers remorse.

It is definitely a hardware killer, and can look downright amazing at times.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
best looking linear game ever. story is kind of short but good none the less.

linear and sandbox game storylines should never be compared. it's two different kinds of experiences.

·
Registered
578 Posts
When I played the game, I didn't realise how good the story was until I completed it. IMO, its the kind of game that you play through just for the sake of completing it, but when its over you actually realise that it was a really great game but then its too late

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haseo461x;11915693
somewhat offtopic but,
I thought the gameplay and story of Crysis were god awful, the ONLY good thing about that game is the graphics...

my
2cents.gif

On topic: Eh, the story of Metro is decent, yes its better than Crysis. I never got into though, just so bland to me.

·
Banned
1,913 Posts
probably not very helpful overall, but I always thought it is similar to a Fallout 3 style game, I've played a bit of FO3, and can't wait to play it with a 69x0 card, but I've never tried Metro2033, but also want to play it on a 69x0 card

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
personally i think its a great story! i really like the storys of the games i get into with intense graphics. it's my favorite game but can't play for a while due to some technical difficultys

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Metro 2033 had great game play one of the best I've played in a long time! I got to one mission about half way through where I could just not get past it. I am going to try to replay the game and finish the story. Oh and of course the graphics is very intense!

·
Banned
5,028 Posts
i havent beaten the game since my graphics card is a piece of ****, but its MAD fun! and creepy. i suggest not playing it at night. btw play it in RUSSIAN and with english subtitles. much more authentic
biggrin.gif

the game is so good i think i'll pick up the book too
wheee.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haseo461x;11915693
somewhat offtopic but,
it wasn't that bad! those guys are just trolls.
it was kinda predictable but really fun to play! its got TONS of mods that can make more demanding then metro. just get that hi res texture mod and it brings my system to its knees on high, AND very high! i cant imagine it with 16xQ AA!

·
Registered
711 Posts
If you are up for a decent challenge, try the Ranger modes. These modes kept me entertained along with trying to get achievements for many hours after completing the game on Hardcore. Overall, I loved the game, it was made by the STALKER guys which was just a bonus. It follows the book decently well and has plenty of action to keep you going. Try playing with pneumatic weapons for an extra burst of fun.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts