Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You need an i7 and 8GB RAM plus the new ATI and nvidia DX11 cards to play it. It also stated that your monitor needs 125MHz refresh rate. Just check Steam or wikipedia for proof of what i am telling you.

This is for the optimum req. for this game. So if we don't have an i7 and 8GB of RAM, we can max the game out right? Then the game will just look rubbish.

·
Super Moderator
10,389 Posts
Quote:
Minimum System Requirements:

* Dual core CPU (any Core 2 Duo or better will do)
* DirectX 9, Shader Model 3 compliant graphics cards (GeForce 8800, GeForce GT220 and above)
* 1GB RAM

Recommended System Requirements:

* Any Quad Core or 3.0+ GHz Dual Core CPU
* DirectX 10 compliant graphics card (GeForce GTX 260 and above)
* 2GB RAM

Optimum System Requirements:

* Core i7 CPU
* NVIDIA DirectX 11 compliant graphics card (GeForce GTX 480 and 470)
* As much RAM as possible (8GB+)
* Fast HDD or SSD

Enabling Nvidia 3D Vision:

Metro 2033 utilizes NVIDIA 3D Vision with compatible cards and hardware. To play in 3D you will require:

* NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 and above recommended
* A 120Hz (or above) monitor
* NVIDIA 3D Vision kit
* Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows 7
Your rig should have no problems playing it. Use sys reqs only as a guideline, don't worry if you don't meet them 100%.

·
Premium Member
5,037 Posts
System requirements also assume you aren't overclocking.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
It's been said before, The optimum Reqs are basically marketing.

No game will need an i7(or i5) for that matter to make a game playable for a few years.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post
You need an i7 and 8GB RAM plus the new ATI and nvidia DX11 cards to play it. It also stated that your monitor needs 125MHz refresh rate. Just check Steam or wikipedia for proof of what i am telling you.

This is for the optimum req. for this game. So if we don't have an i7 and 8GB of RAM, we can max the game out right? Then the game will just look rubbish.
Fist off, calm down. Now... the 125Mhz refresh thing is for nvidia's 3D stuff. As for needing a DX11 card for optimum visuals... the game has DX11 if you didn't notice... a DX 10 card won't display the best details possible in this game. I have no comment on the 8GB of RAM other than you only need 2GB to play it at well enough, I can't honestly see it needing 8GB orver 6 or 4 GB if 2GB is plenty enough for recommended. The game as far as the processor goes... maybe the i7/i5 cores will help, they might have coded the game to take advantage of some of the things they can do. And remember, a 3.0+GHz dual core will work for recommended specs.

So in other words, chill.

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post

The "optimum" requirenments are just advertising for the hardware guys.

It'll play just fine on a 60Hz, fast dual or quad core, and a decent DX10 video card. Don't buy into the hype.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
For godsake, it's also on xbox 360. This means that if your PC has at least as much power as a 360, you'll be able to play it, and it will most likely look as good as it does on 360 (which is supposed to be pretty great, actually). Now, I dunno about you, but it's been a good 4 years since my PC was only as powerful as a 360 is now.

The one downside (to me) is that it's a TWIMTBP game ... I'm hoping that doesn't mean phys-x ...

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by brettjv View Post
For godsake, it's also on xbox 360. This means that if your PC has at least as much power as a 360, you'll be able to play it, and it will most likely look as good as it does on 360 (which is supposed to be pretty great, actually). Now, I dunno about you, but it's been a good 4 years since my PC was only as powerful as a 360 is now.

The one downside (to me) is that it's a TWIMTBP game ... I'm hoping that doesn't mean phys-x ...
Yep, physx out the yingyang. That's why I've lost interest in it, the neat effects will be coded in cuda and unavailable to us mere peasants.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by angrysasquatch View Post

So they're admitting from the start the engine has a memory leak? Because it should hit a finite limit at some point with a properly-coded engine. Sounds like stalker devs for sure

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by brettjv
View Post

That's not really ture. The PC version will look better. It has some PC specific things.

Quote:

• most of the textures are 2048^2 (consoles use 1024^2)
• the shadow-map resolution is up to 9.43 Mpix
• the shadow filtering is much, much better
• the parallax mapping is enabled on all surfaces, some with occlusion-mapping
• we've utilized a lot of "true†volumetric stuff, which is very important in dusty environments
• from DX10 upwards we use correct "local motion blur†(sometimes called "object blurâ€)
• the light-material response is nearly "physically-correct†on higher quality presets
• the ambient occlusion is greatly improved (especially on higher quality presets)
• sub-surface scattering makes a lot of difference on human faces, hands, etc.
• the geometric detail is somewhat better - because of different LOD selection (not even counting DX11 tessellation)

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hopefully it's not a bad stutter game like all the stalker series.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by corky dorkelson
View Post

Your rig should have no problems playing it. Use sys reqs only as a guideline, don't worry if you don't meet them 100%.

The optimal requirements use cards that aren't even out yet. lol

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by t3lancer2006
View Post

The optimal requirements use cards that aren't even out yet. lol

Good Point.

·
Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by angrysasquatch
View Post

So they're admitting from the start the engine has a memory leak? Because it should hit a finite limit at some point with a properly-coded engine. Sounds like stalker devs for sure

Exactly what I was thinking. I can't imagine what game would need more than 8GB of RAM.

This game looks pretty cool though. If I can pull myself away from BFBC2 I might give it a shot.

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will have this game within the next 6-8 hours so we will see how it runs. Looks like stalker if you ask me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts