Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oiDDJ.jpg

http://www.montrealgazette.com/technology/CEOs+step+down+pressure+mounts/6035072/story.html
Quote:
Research In Motion's Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie have bowed to investor pressure and resigned as co-CEOs and co-chairmen, handing the top job to an insider with four years at the struggling BlackBerry maker.

Thorsten Heins, a former Siemens executive who has risen steadily through RIM's upper management ranks since joining the Canadian company in late 2007, took over as CEO on Saturday, RIM said on Sunday.

The shift ends the two-decade partnership of Lazaridis and Balsillie atop a once-pioneering company that now struggles against Apple and Google.
That's so twisted.
Essentially being kicked out of your own company.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Sad fact of what happens when you are head of a publicly traded company that lost a foothold on a market.

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frickfrock99
That's so twisted.
Essentially being kicked out of your own company.
It has happened before.

·
Banned
5,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corky dorkelson View Post

It has happened before.
Happened to Jobs. Will no doubt happen again.

Mark Z, Larry P and Sergey B set up schemes so this couldn't happen. Looked like he didn't
frown.gif

·
Registered
844 Posts
I don't want to see Blackberry go under. I think what they need to do to save it is something like this:

-Rebuild the OS from the ground up to be a kind of hybrid of Blackberry OS and Android, yet still leaving the professional power there.
-Make an actually good touchscreen phone, but keep the traditional Blackberries.
-Marketing, marketing, marketing.

thumb.gif

·
Registered
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by halocog View Post

I don't want to see Blackberry go under. I think what they need to do to save it is something like this:
-Rebuild the OS from the ground up to be a kind of hybrid of Blackberry OS and Android, yet still leaving the professional power there.
-Make an actually good touchscreen phone, but keep the traditional Blackberries.
-Marketing, marketing, marketing.
thumb.gif
They just recently bought QNX. BBX is an entirely new OS that will be on their next phones, it looks similar to WebOS and was running on the Playbook.

This is the Blackberry London that is running BBX. The design isn't final.

I think the design looks nice. I really don't want RIM to go under, I don't like Apple or Google.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
They need a phone that can act as a work console when on the go. A quad-core ARM smartphone with a full Windows 8 OS in the background, with a WP7 or BBOS shell when used as a phone. Operating on the BB network of course...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts