Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
I'm looking for a new project and I have a bunch of hardware leftover from a htpc build so I was hoping to use that to build myself a small pc for web browsing, media playback etc as oppossed to using my power hungry gaming rig.
I really like the look of micro itx as its so small but I have two amd processors (a 7750 and a 4850e) which I wanted to reuse and the cost of a decent am2 itx board seems a bit over the top. Plus I also have an am2 micro atx motherboard which I could reuse which would save on costs as well. Therefore what is the smallest case I could get for a micro atx build?
(Or if anyone could find me a decent am2 itx board which isnt £100+ then I'd be happy with that)
Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Knowing if you have or intend to use a standard height vid card or or a half height could effect the options on the case choice.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke
View Post

Knowing if you have or intend to use a standard height vid card or or a half height could effect the options on the case choice.

Onboard video mate, I do have a mini ninja cooler I wouldn't mind using but that isn't a priority
Btw you guys are fast to reply!!!!

EDIT: Also I'm in the uk which may be why I'm having trouble finding am2 itx boards

·
Registered
33 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azza
View Post

Inwin gaming micro-atx case.

Can fit a HD 5970 in, well even two of them!

Single 5.25" bay up top and two 3.5" bays at the bottom of the case.

I want!

Nice?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is a very small case, I would go for it but according to reviews the power supply is very noisy and even fitting a 2.5hdd is tight so I think that case is not for me. Thanks for all the suggestions so far though, keep em coming

1 - 8 of 8 Posts