Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,637 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by melterx12 View Post
I dont mean to bash but isnt an i7 920/930 overclocked a much better deal?
well yea, its meant for people with deep pockets who are planning to use it with DICE/LN2

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Quote:

I dont mean to bash but isnt an i7 920/930 overclocked a much better deal?
its funny how they spend 800-1500 on the extreme quad cores but they use true heatsinks. not water cooling.

i guess people just dont want to deal with overclocking =/

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I dont really like water cooling because it looks complicated to set up and im just not comfortable having liquid flowing around on top of all my PC components inside my case.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by melterx12
View Post

I dont really like water cooling because it looks complicated to set up and im just not comfortable having liquid flowing around on top of all my PC components inside my case.

exacto!

its ppl's money and they can do whatever they want. -nuff said.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiden911
View Post

exacto!

its ppl's money and they can do whatever they want. -nuff said.

im not saying they shouldnt buy the CPU im just saying I dont understand why someone would unless theyre rich.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Quote:

I so agree with this, I recently used my first 'water' anything, the Corsair H50. Just dipping my feet into water based solutions, to where someday, I hope to be comfortable using a all-water solution. But till than, it just doesn't feel right to have water in my system".

They need to dump water cooling, and discontinue it. Than make all of them mineral-oil coolers, because that wouldn't freak me out. LOL ^_^ That can go on your components and everything would work 100%, like nothing ever happened. I just don't like water around things that it can destroy.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by toMsons1987 View Post
I so agree with this, I recently used my first 'water' anything, the Corsair H50. Just dipping my feet into water based solutions, to where someday, I hope to be comfortable using a all-water solution. But till than, it just doesn't feel right to have water in my system".

They need to dump water cooling, and discontinue it. Than make all of them mineral-oil coolers, because that wouldn't freak me out. LOL ^_^ That can go on your components and everything would work 100%, like nothing ever happened. I just don't like water around things that it can destroy.
Don't open up your case without wearing a full hazard suit then...

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by melterx12
View Post

im not saying they shouldnt buy the CPU im just saying I dont understand why someone would unless theyre rich.

You also have to remember some also do not overclock so they buy the one with the highest clock.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by toMsons1987
View Post

they got non conductive water cooling liquid...
proven to work since they submerged a whole system underwater while it was running.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by toMsons1987
View Post

Eh, no. With mineral oil it's so viscous you won't be able to have a circulatory setup, so you'd need to submerge it entirely and even then you have to figure out a way to conduct the heat away from the oil tank/pc case, which may be cumbersome and can get quite messy when you are replacing components and whatnot.

Water is just fine. If there is a leak you either bought crappy components or you didn't do right job installing and leak testing or you didn't do maintenance. And even if there is a leak and fries every thing inside your case...if you don't have deep enough pockets to replace the entire system then don't go for water. I will only go for water when I have enough money so that I will just be shrugging my shoulders if my entire system fries.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts