Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I needed a comp over at my Dad's house so I didn't want to build a high end comp so I decided on a micro atx build.

Componets:

AMD 939 3800+ X2
Biostar Geforce 6100
2x 512mb PNY Verto memory 2-2-2-5
Segate 160gb HDD
Lite-On DVD-RW ODD
ATI x1600pro
Kingwin 520w

Case:

Ultra Microfly Black w/ windows
Dual Red Cold Cathodes

Input Devices:

Logitech UltraX Slim Keyboard
Logitech G5 Gaming Mouse (Free w/ my 2900xt)

Cooling:

AMD Stock Heatsink
Silverstone Fan Controller 3.5
120mm 90cfm SilenX
80mm 32cfm SilenX

Pictures:

I chose a 939 because I already had a set of memory and the cooler otheriwse I would have definately gone with AM2.

I didn't know the specs of the included 80mm fan so I decided to go with a SilenX 80mm fan becuase of the sucess I had with the 120mm 90cfm. The difference between the included one and the SilenX is great. The SilenX pushes more air and is right around 14dBa.

I wanted a fan controller becuase this is going in my new bedroom and I don't want to hear anything at night. The silverstone is really well built and you can either use in a pci slot or a 3.5 bay. The bay really came in handy becuase of the shelf it gives me to hide extra cables.

Normal run of the mill dvd drive and a 160gb segate with perpendicular recording.

For 18.99 this keyboard is a great deal. The keys are absolutey silent and its slimness is equal to a laptop keyboard.

This was one of the only 939 microatx mobos that actually looked good spec wise. Doesn't really excel in oc'ing, but it will do.

The microfly case was great to build with. It has lots of places to hide wires and a back removable mobo tray. The case also comes with an 80mm and 120mm fan both are very quiet but push no air. Another nice addition to the case is a built in cpu temp. probe. Overall I would recommend this over the more expensive thermaltake cases.

The SilenX looks great with the red light, the pictures don't do it justice.

Windows installer action shot.

I installed a wireless card aswell.

I'll see if I can get any benches tonite, but I might not get done until tommorow.

All comments welcome,

Ken

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Sweet and compact... cheers to your dad and you

·
Registered
851 Posts
Logitech has a H at the end bud. LOL!!!!

Excellent looking system. Do you have one red stick or two there....

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, its a Kingwin PSU with two cold cathodes. I wouldn't recommend the set I got from frozencpu though because everything is wired together. I like my cheapo logisys ones better because they are modular and you can replace broken tubes altough the frozens are brighter. Also the case is great and its definately a better design than the Thermaltake lanbox. In the thermaltake version the psu is right above the cpu and chokes it while this one has a great open area. With the 90cfm Silenx fan I got it brings my cpu temp to about 28 idle and 34 load. Since there is hardly space in the case its sucks the air right out and brings in fresh new air. These are temps with the fan all the way down. When I have all fans on high I can get one degree above ambient and about 29 load. If anyone is going to build a mATX computer this is the case to get.

On a sidenote this can fit my 2900xt with no problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Now that is COOL. reminds me of my computer....or what my mom calls it "the big red bomb"

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The computer faces a window and I can see it from all the way across the lawn about 300ft. Whatever brand frozencpu uses they are really bright.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts