Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hard at work researching all of the Large format Korean 4K offerings in the past couple months and have it rounded down to about 3 models. Then today on a random search across Ebay I found a few sellers have dropped the MicroBoard V490UHD HDX to $750!
Which is great news except there seem to be zero reviews of this model. There are a few reviews of the B400UHD from Tek Syndicate and forums but of course that uses a VA panel where the MicroBoard V490UHD HDX used an IPS panel. My main question to the community is,.. Does anyone know it the MicroBoard V490UHD HDX has Freesync? And what model Controller Board does it use?

I can only assume that it uses an LG IPS B grade panel but knowing if it has Freesync is my deciding factor.

Otherwise its between the Wasabi Mango UHD490 or the Crossover 494k.

Any information about the MicroBoard V490UHD would be awesome!!

Thanks Guys!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
545 Posts
Scratch crossover 494k, freesync doesnt work and doesnt have hdcp 2.2. The build quality is also very bad/cheap compared to uhd490

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgrove View Post

Scratch crossover 494k, freesync doesnt work and doesnt have hdcp 2.2. The build quality is also very bad/cheap compared to uhd490
Good to know Tgrove thanks for the info. Do you own a Crossover 494k? When you say the Freesync doesn't work, what exactly do you mean? I've read someone say that switching to an approved high quality DP 1.2 cable improved the screen flashing issue. Not sure if that also helped fix the freesync issues.. whatever those are.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I used to have a 494k now i have a uhd490. Display was recognized as freesync but anytime i launched a fullscreen game it would black screen. Looked around online vigorously for any confirmation of someone getting it to work. All i found were similar issues of freesync not working, not one mention of it working

1 - 4 of 4 Posts