Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most everyone believes the Halo series is awesome. I own and play both and have fun with each. BUT the truth is Halo is nothing special neither is Halo 2. These are fun games, good multiplayer, but the fact is they have delivered nothing new. There are far more games with much more innovative game play with more creative and better settings/stories. The reason Bungie is doing so well is that all of us wanted xbox and halo to suceed. There is nothing new the halo games, killing aliens with shotguns, rockets, sniper rifles, machine guns, and pistols...same ol' same ol'. The GTA series though may being repetitive, is a fresher, better series.

thats all, begin the hating

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningRioT

that is why we play Half life 2!

yeah, When I want to kill aliens I play halflife 2, even halflife 1.

I hate HALO! HATE IT! HATE IT! IT SUCKS

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnewport

Most everyone believes the Halo series is awesome. I own and play both and have fun with each. BUT the truth is Halo is nothing special neither is Halo 2. These are fun games, good multiplayer, but the fact is they have delivered nothing new. There are far more games with much more innovative game play with more creative and better settings/stories. The reason Bungie is doing so well is that all of us wanted xbox and halo to suceed. There is nothing new the halo games, killing aliens with shotguns, rockets, sniper rifles, machine guns, and pistols...same ol' same ol'. The GTA series though may being repetitive, is a fresher, better series.

thats all, begin the hating

Remember 007 for n64... something about that type of close quarter multiplayer always thrives... and it always will in the console world... i never understood the port to PC however as it wasn't that great... and agreed... Halo2 is the equivalent of CS: Source in the sense that it is just the old game with new graphics and a new engine... NOTHING ELSE... but CS is godly, halo is not.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

I hate HALO! HATE IT! HATE IT! IT SUCKS

I agree. When it first came out, all I heard was: "Halo this, Halo that, it totally rocks", etc. etc. So when it came out on pc I rushed to the store and bought it. I played about 5 minutes worth and was like, *** is this crap?? I thought it was a horrible game. Same stuff over and over and over. Good ole Microsoft....

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
I remember my buddy always talking about how great it was, best FPS ever...... Like a year later I finally sat down to play it and said screw it after 5 minutes...

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's the power of suggestion, a few magazines and other media jump all over it then because they say it is good people automacally think they should and do like it. I have played the crap pc game alien vs predator and that provides as much entertainment as other 9.5/10 fps xbox games.

I am starting to pay less and less attention to reviewers, games, books, movies, etc. I think with everyone's likes and dislikes some 40 yr old that still plays w/ magic cards (no disrespect) will like World of Warcraft but will hate tiger woods 2005.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

I agree. When it first came out, all I heard was: "Halo this, Halo that, it totally rocks", etc. etc. So when it came out on pc I rushed to the store and bought it. I played about 5 minutes worth and was like, *** is this crap?? I thought it was a horrible game. Same stuff over and over and over. Good ole Microsoft....

I wander if they will make Halo for UNIX...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA good ol' proprietory Microsoft. They never let me down. I usually don't even have to wander.

It's the power of suggestion, a few magazines and other media jump all over it then because they say it is good people automacally think they should and do like it. I have played the crap pc game alien vs predator and that provides as much entertainment as other 9.5/10 fps xbox games.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wnewport

I am starting to pay less and less attention to reviewers, games, books, movies, etc. I think with everyone's likes and dislikes some 40 yr old that still plays w/ magic cards (no disrespect) will like World of Warcraft but will hate tiger woods 2005.

Good you are learning...

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
I like Halo

HL2 is good, but its not all there. Oppposing Force is the best thing out of Valve.

But their all pwned by Mafia IMHO.

and I possibly maybe prefer Halo to HL2

·
Registered
698 Posts
I like both Halos personally. To be honest, I hate the origional half life now I know that will get some hatin on me. My favorite genre is the good ole Real Time Strategy, im hyped for that LOTR RTS BAttle for Middle Earth should kick some real ass, but we shall see, sadly I hear the lack of a unit window on screen hurts it.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
I've got nothing against Halo really, it's the ranting lunatics that play it that bother me. I played Halo with a friend of mine (he actually asked for my help cause he was stuck on part of it) and I'll admit, it was a fun game. However, I have no desire to play it again...it has no replay value, and I personaly wouldn't have bought it to begin with. The multiplayer leaves a lot to be desired, especially after having played multiplayer games like UT2003/4. I think that's reason why most people rant and rave about it is because it's their first taste of a good game. Not many people can afford good computers for gaming (even fewer when you look at the major manufactures' offerings of a "gaming machine") so not enough people have been exposed to the great world of PC gaming, especially where PC gaming really shines, multiplayer. So they play Halo, which is a lot better in terms of overall game appeal than many console games, but I can still think of no better multiplayer FPS experience than Unreal Tournament or Counter-Strike. Just my views on it, give the people a machine to play the good games and they'll see what they're missing.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I guess im wierd once again, because I hate counterstrike. Unreal Tournament isnt that bad though. But really I generally dislike first person shooters as a genre anyway. I am more into cerebral combat games like RTSs and Turn Based Strategy (LONG LIVE CIVILIZATION! ALL HAIL COMMAND AND CONQUER!). Also, slightly off topic, does anyone know where I can aquire a copy of C&C Gold Edition? I have had a hankerin to take the ol GDI against the Nod for a while now

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denmor

I guess im wierd once again, because I hate counterstrike. Unreal Tournament isnt that bad though. But really I generally dislike first person shooters as a genre anyway. I am more into cerebral combat games like RTSs and Turn Based Strategy (LONG LIVE CIVILIZATION! ALL HAIL COMMAND AND CONQUER!). Also, slightly off topic, does anyone know where I can aquire a copy of C&C Gold Edition? I have had a hankerin to take the ol GDI against the Nod for a while now

Tiberian Sun, Red Alert...ah those were the days - Cyrix333, no gfx, 30MB of RAM and 56k online gaming.

I've seen C&C Gold in GAME over here, probably don't get GAME in the US though. I still got Tib Sun somewhere...dammit you started me now!

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
ha, all the assumptions in this thread are funny... its even more funny reading negative posts about Halo and Halo 2, making fun of the Halo fanboys, etc. then seeing those same people do the same thing for their game of choice...

its all opinion... different doesnt mean better or worse... you can come up with reasons of repetition, creativity, system specs, etc. but that doesnt change the fact that none of it matters... you have your opinion and others have their own... bashing one game is not the same as proving how great yours is... it simply may not be good at all to someone else, period

let me be the first to come out and say without false protection, Halo and Halo 2 are great games

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

when i want to kill aliens i goto central phoenix and play lots of Meriach music and sit on the top of the building with a shot gun....

Ooops......

Wrong type of Aliens.....

My Bad

I dont appreciate this kind of humor.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
when i was smaller i didn't like like shooters at all. I liked the old Mario Kart and them (hahaha, what a classic). Then i started playing some FPS's on PS2, then my brother downloaded some PC games and from there i got addicted. Who wants to here my stroy anyway. Really, people saying how they came to likeing something i find boring.

When's Battlefield 2 come out, there's also, brothers in arms or something aswell. They both look good. I saw a glitch in one of the Battlefield 2 trailers. This plane shot i rocket and it went through the opening of the chopper (going straight through unharming the chopper). But then the smoke of the rock starts glictching through the Chopper. I can't beieve they showed poor detail or a glitch in a trailer. i wrote them an email about it. They seemed pretty please that i showed my interests in the small details. It's things like that, that really set games off or make them unique.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts