Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey hey.

Been looking at this for a bit now, and even though it's pricier than I like it is pretty tempting. My IME 3.0 is acting up very occasionally (though I'm pretty sure it's the switches and they are easily replacable, and likely I just end up replacing them), and I would love to take this sucker for a spin.

How'd you think it'll work in gaming? I'm definitely not a twitch gamer, mostly strategy and RPGs, but I still like precision in my mice. The Dream Machine DM1 FPS looks really nice as well tho and cost much less. I know the Classic Intellimouse is kinda terrible, but I really hope the Surface Precision has better innards.

(i didn't find any threads on it and no reviews apart from a general office use perspective so I registered solely to ask this)

·
Registered
48 Posts
The technical specs on Microsoft's store don't say what the sensor is but they seem fond of using Bluetrack so it's probably that. Are you aware of the Microsoft Classic Intellimouse? It's the 3.0 shell with a Bluetrack sensor. I love how the buttons feel but as for gaming performance, the original 3.0 is actually better in my opinion, as I've noticed a number of skips using the Classic Intellimouse. But since you mentioned that shape I thought I'd throw it out there. Also it's only $30 and can be found for less on sales, lightly used, etc. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The technical specs on Microsoft's store don't say what the sensor is but they seem fond of using Bluetrack so it's probably that. Are you aware of the Microsoft Classic Intellimouse? It's the 3.0 shell with a Bluetrack sensor. I love how the buttons feel but as for gaming performance, the original 3.0 is actually better in my opinion, as I've noticed a number of skips using the Classic Intellimouse. But since you mentioned that shape I thought I'd throw it out there. Also it's only $30 and can be found for less on sales, lightly used, etc. Good luck!
Yeah, but as noted it's kinda crappy. If I'm replacing the old mouse I don't want it to be a downgrade.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
623 Posts
The Surface Precision mouse will have not have a decent sensor for gaming, particularly if you play FPS games.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts