Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished, I thought it would take me 30 min like most cases, but this one's cable management takes a bit longer, as well as the other accesories, I finished and was done to the best of my ability in two hours, had to make sure ALL the wiring was perfect.

Update* Idle H-50 temps went from 36-38c-40c down to 32-33c constantly, loads in games like GTA IV, have gone from 55-56c, to 45c. Big, big big difference

Bad pics from my phone, but here!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by dracotonisamond
View Post

sweet. i never could fit that shroud in mine. :x

Yeah, with multiple gpus there's no way it'd fit. I'm not a multi-gpu kinda guy though

One of the 200mm fans makes an annoying...almost bugzapperish sound, and I bought 3x 200mm red leds, not knowing it already had a side, and top fan, but they don't have leds..so I guess it was worth it for looks.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do like more Corsair H50 a lot more now, but when considering that cooler you really need the right case, my previous one wasn't due to no top fans, now I have dual 120mms pulling cool air in, then the top 200mms exhausting, instead of idleing @ 36-37c, it's now idleing at 32c so far. GTX 480 has dropped from 48-49c idle to 41-42c.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RPaulG87
View Post

I do like more Corsair H50 a lot more now, but when considering that cooler you really need the right case, my previous one wasn't due to no top fans, now I have dual 120mms pulling cool air in, then the top 200mms exhausting, instead of idleing @ 36-37c, it's now idleing at 32c so far.

Do you know your previous Load temps?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by WTHbot
View Post

Do you know your previous Load temps?

My previous load temps were all over the place during the day, since my computer is right at the window (sun-view). But tommorow I'll get some load temps and post 'em here, I'm sure they have lowered considering how much more efficent my H50 is now.

Also, since I'm installing that huge spitfire GPU cooler reverse (heatsink will be facing down) the H50s "Heavy-GPU-Support) bracket will be a LIFE saver.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dracotonisamond
View Post

same thing i did. i replaced every fan in it with one's that had red led's

im going to have all blue LED fans

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Quote:

View Post

My previous load temps were all over the place during the day, since my computer is right at the window (sun-view). But tommorow I'll get some load temps and post 'em here, I'm sure they have lowered considering how much more efficent my H50 is now.

Also, since I'm installing that huge spitfire GPU cooler reverse (heatsink will be facing down) the H50s "Heavy-GPU-Support) bracket will be a LIFE saver.

That's the gpu cooler they had in the thermright case. I probably would have just installed an H03 or something, but you'd need to remove the side fan air duct.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean W.
View Post

im going to have all blue LED fans

where you going to get a replacement for the front?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysage
View Post

That GPU shroud is installed wrong...

I though it may be, I took it off and couldn't find any pics of how it normally goes (I forgot), but it sure is working well even if it's installed wrong, how does it go? (Assumeing your talking about the side fan, if your talking about the front shroud, that's exactly how it is on the computer cases box..

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I though it may be, I took it off and couldn't find any pics of how it normally goes (I forgot), but it sure is working well even if it's installed wrong, how does it go? (Assumeing your talking about the side fan, if your talking about the front shroud, that's exactly how it is on the computer cases box..

Gotcha covered:

That is how she goes, and stick a fan in there.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I can't even do that. I'd have to move my GPU down a slot, which I can't due to my X-Fi Gamer and wireless card xD, I'll see what I can do when I get my new gpu cooler on.

*EDIT* oh wait, looking at your pics compared to mine, it looks like you can level it up more?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Yeah I can't even do that. I'd have to move my GPU down a slot, which I can't due to my X-Fi Gamer and wireless card xD, I'll see what I can do when I get my new gpu cooler on.

*EDIT* oh wait, looking at your pics compared to mine, it looks like you can level it up more?

You're supposed to move the shroud up a slot

EDIT: yeah

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Your GPU is in the second expansion bay slot, it will fit if you want it to. Otherwise it is installed incorrectly.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysage
View Post

Your GPU is in the second expansion bay slot, it will fit if you want it to. Otherwise it is installed incorrectly.

Yeah I went ahead and just took out the shroud for now, I'll put it back on correctly when my new cooler comes. I can't believe I didn't notice that, as it was completely covering up the 480 fan...surprised temps were fine. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryman546
View Post

where you going to get a replacement for the front?

230mm fan: $25
Cooler Master R4-LVS-07AB-GP 230 x 200 x 30mm Blue LED Case Fan for HAF 932 & Cosmos S 110CFM 700RPM
http://www.svc.com/r4-lvs-07ab-gp.html

1 - 20 of 32 Posts