Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically, my brother is asking about how to make a computer, and at what price he could build a nice Minecraft build, and some other not very intensive games.

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
Does he have to buy Win 7 & do you have any hand-me-down part's he can use? Regardless, it won't be much. Doesn't have to be a strong PC to run that game fine.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
You could easily do it for under $300, a simple dual core Llano build will do.

Edit: oh, this is the Intel section... if it has to be Intel I don't know if Intel's integrated graphics will be enough.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a intel core i3 processor 2120 with 6 giggs of Random Access Memory, with the built in graphics and it runs fine on the highest setting. Heads up on this one do NOT run the game with advance open GL mode on, this lags for me. good luck finding a cheap but effective gameing rig.
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
This is alot more firepower than needed but a good deal from the OCN marketplace: x6 1045T & Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 $200

Llano Combo $160, $140 after MIR.

ASRock H61M-DGS & i3 2105 $197

Then onto case, it's personal preference sure but some cheap and good ones are the NZXT Source 210, NZXT Gamma, NZXT m59, & HAF 912.

PSU, something like the EA-430D for $40 The best $40 or lower PSU out there I'm pretty sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts