1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
I'm confused, doesn't MS charge between $10,000 to $25,000 just to simply patch a game? There was a thread on this at one point. Notch is going to be paying like a million dollars just to keep this version up to date with the PC version? That or the console version won't receive near as many patches as the PC version.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

I'm confused, doesn't MS charge between $10,000 to $25,000 just to simply patch a game? There was a thread on this at one point. Notch is going to be paying like a million dollars just to keep this version up to date with the PC version? That or the console version won't receive near as many patches as the PC version.
Really? Dang
wth.gif

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Console version will be severely gimped no matter what. If there's mods/texture packs.. i can see them coming as DLC to somehow support updates (if they are regular at all)

Either way... looks like they already cocked up - No notification of a HDTV needed for Split screen prior to buying the game.
Quote:
Moved...Reviews aren't news!
Does that include hardware reviews?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5entinel View Post

Moved...Reviews aren't news! Also, if you are posting news please ensure they are correctly formatted.
Sorry, Will Do.

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GekzOverlord View Post

Console version will be severely gimped no matter what. If there's mods/texture packs.. i can see them coming as DLC to somehow support updates (if they are regular at all)

Either way... looks like they already cocked up - No notification of a HDTV needed for Split screen prior to buying the game.
Quote:
Moved...Reviews aren't news!
I should have been a little clearer. Hardware reviews are fine but game reviews don't belong in the industry news section.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5entinel View Post

I should have been a little clearer. Hardware reviews are fine but game reviews don't belong in the industry news section.
thumb.gif
Thank you xD

·
Registered
626 Posts
Quote:

I think everything is negotiable. Especially for a hit game that Microsoft knows will make them a lot of money! I guarantee they have an update schedule in the contract.

·
In a van...DOWNBYTHERIVER
3,589 Posts
Quote:

The updates will not be anywhere near as constant as on PC. The updates will be sizable jumps, for example, the game released on 360 at version 1.6.6; around mid July they will be updating to 1.7.3. I'm a little disappointed it's taking so long for them to turn around the updates, considering they have a larger team than Mojang did, and they don't even have to pioneer the updates, just follow a checklist of things to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GekzOverlord View Post

I think the updates will be pretty regular, at least until they catch up to the PC version. I agree it was a bit of a blindside for them to not make it clear you needed to be operating at an HD resolution for split-screen, but I've tried it and even with a 1080p monitor it is difficult to make out the numbers for items. They did it for a good reason, but personally I don't think that decision should be left up to them. (I also think they went about resolving the issue completely wrong; they could have just made the inventory menus more flexible and scale further out sideways/vertically than sacrifice the functionality of split-screen.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiXiam View Post

I think everything is negotiable. Especially for a hit game that Microsoft knows will make them a lot of money! I guarantee they have an update schedule in the contract.
I doubt it. I'm sure Microsoft have helped them when possible, but they aren't going to directly interfere with their stream of profit; which is a small amount of each sale and the cost of updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post

If anything, MS paid for a 360 version to be made.
No...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts