Overclock.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i want to make a minecraft server since i got good enough speeds for atleast 50 folkz (70/70 pipe)

But one think i wonder is:

On what storrage does the server read and write from? the c drive aka my ssd? or the gaming hdd the minecraft stuff is located?
And if it is on the ssd, is it safe to use it from the ssd? wont that damage the drive over time?

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarctica View Post

Hey, i want to make a minecraft server since i got good enough speeds for atleast 50 folkz (70/70 pipe)

But one think i wonder is:

On what storrage does the server read and write from? the c drive aka my ssd? or the gaming hdd the minecraft stuff is located?
And if it is on the ssd, is it safe to use it from the ssd? wont that damage the drive over time?
I don't know if your able to move/change what drive the server is loaded from but I will say that it shouldn't have any ill effect on a properly working and configured SSD.

I do know that the server is not ran off the drive MC is ran off of. I run a MC server on my home server, but do not have minecraft installed on it at all, mine is running off the C: drive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts