Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I thought I'd make a thread on what "WE" as gamers would like to see happen with MineCraft and also Current issues all of us fine with it. Perhaps something that bothers you and within reason you'd like "Notch" (Creator) to change.
We all know this game is still in It's Alpha stage, so there's a ton of problems with the programing but to be 100% honest I LOVE the game even though it looks like a 3d version of the NES

If we get enough opinions maybe we can send Notch a list of Ideas for him to incorporate into the finishing of this wonderful design

Ill start.

#1 I don't like that when the system settings are set to fancy that the "Clouds" actually pass through my buildings.
#2 The building limit in Height needs to be increased. I would love to build a lot higher than what is currently set.
#3 I would like to set out multiple blocks when building instead of one at a time.
#4 Everyone knows that Multi-player is still under heavy development but Jeez, I think everyone is having problems staying connected to servers.
#5 I don't understand why but this game chews up my CPU Chip worse than BFBC2 (Not apart of the suggestions)

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I'd like him to fix all the crap he's put out first, like the crouch.

The crouch "prevents" you from being able to fall off an edge while it's held down, but if you hit an edge, and release crouch, you fall. This can really screw you up while building high up in single player.
Crouch also looks like you're bent over and ready to recieve buttsecks, it needs to be a more tactical crouch, there are good animators out there that won't have any problems doing this, especially to the quality level that minecraft demands, which isn't that high as it focuses on gameplay.

I'd also like multiplayer survival to have working health, monsters and animals, so you can play the game like singleplayer, in multiplayer.

I'd like there to be a steamboat, which you can craft by making a boat, and putting a furnace on it, which would go faster than a normal boat.
Even just a sailboat, where you make a paper sail from bamboo and craft that over a boat.
I rely on boats alot in singleplayer because they're more economical for travel than minecarts, minecarts=iron, and iron is very rare considering what it can/has to be be used for.

Dunno what else, well I do, I just can't be bothered typing. I expect alot from this game over the next year.

If this thread doesn't get much attention you could probably bring it up over here. I'll add it to the links aswell if you want.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by [nK]Sharp View Post
Guess I should try out this game since everyone keeps talking about it. Just looks so bad though

You'll get over the graphics very quickly.

One thing I have to gripe about is the constant server problem that Notch seems to be experiencing and bringing upon all of us. I know it's still in the Alpha, but some level of stability is always assumed.

·
Premium Member
10,928 Posts
helmet + torch = headlamp

would be awesome, even if it only lasted sooo long... I mean strip mining takes soooo many torches...

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As i've been playing more im seeing more and more things that need to be brought to Notchs attention.

#1 Fences need alot of work done on them. I cant jump over them and if i do manage to i get stuck

#2 Darn Steps!!! Those things are terrible to set correctly in Multiplayer right now.
#3 I would like the size of each block reduced. The blocks themselves are just too big and making anything of fine design would be impossible.

#4 More things need to be incorporated in the building aspects of it. (Beds, couches, Furniture itself) Most of what i'm seeing built in this game resembles whats here in the real world (Structures)

#5 I myself am not a huge fan of working on my buildings at night. I would like the option to allow day time when i desired or vis-versa

#6 I would like the option to change my username as MANY people were angry with this at sign up.

#7 I would like the ability to save Ip address in game so i don't have to re-type everytime i boot up.

·
Premium Member
22,339 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
As i've been playing more im seeing more and more things that need to be brought to Notchs attention.

#1 Fences need alot of work done on them. I cant jump over them and if i do manage to i get stuck
That's how fences are supposed to work... they are designed so you aren't supposed to be able to jump over them.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I'mma bump this.

·
Registered
278 Posts
For a game with this kind of graphics i dont see why it requires so much that it lags... sure i know theres alot of load and such but still even if set on tiny it lags at times.

Theres a few other things like with the red stone's also the giant voids i believe they are called where it just goes straight down and u can see everything from the surface (not sure if he fixed this yet)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts