Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Thought I should show some pics of the computer we submerged in mineral oil last weekend. We overclocked a LGA775 P4 2.8Ghz to 4.15Ghz with temps below 40c. At that point, the board wouldn't let us push more than 1.575v to the vCore
. It was supposed to be a simple chemistry experiment, but we decided we want to take it a step further. So in a couple of weeks we will be submerging a 3.8ghz p4, and introducing Liquid Nitrogen to the mix...

LL
LL

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I think that those are pretty nice temps with the stock cooler! That's a pretty good overclock, too; I have to get my hands on a P4 and overclock that thing to 4GHz+ Could you do some tests to see what the load temperatures are? I'm sure if I were to do this with my TRUE, the temps would be pretty good!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinstrong View Post
I think that those are pretty nice temps with the stock cooler! That's a pretty good overclock, too; I have to get my hands on a P4 and overclock that thing to 4GHz+ Could you do some tests to see what the load temperatures are? I'm sure if I were to do this with my TRUE, the temps would be pretty good!
Note that he has the stock cooler under mineral oil...

and for powergeek- go to your user cp, and to the *system* part on the left-hand bar...fill up your specs there

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, It did use Passmark's burn-in test, and the external sensor was about 32c. I shut down the system immediately and checked the BIOS temps and they were around 44c.

Right now the system is in pieces with a 3.8ghz p4, Asus P5E, and CoolerMaster GeminII on the way. But do you have a good burn-in testing program?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Quote:
I know, but that is still pretty good, imo.

Is that a Coolmax 650w power supply you have in that picutre?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwudude View Post

and for powergeek- go to your user cp, and to the *system* part on the left-hand bar...fill up your specs there
Will do...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinstrong View Post
I know, but that is still pretty good, imo.

Is that a Coolmax 650w power supply you have in that picutre?
Actually its 500w, got it for $20 shipped!

• Rep+
Reactions: Livinstrong

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Yea, I personally use Prime95...

How are you going to do liquid nitrogen with the whole thing submerged in mineral oil? Wouldn't that freeze everything?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts