Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm currently working on a mini itx gaming pc build. However I'm a bit stuck as I had planned on using a corsair h60 on the asrock z77 itx board.

I've noticed that on the back of the motherboard there was a mSATA connector very close to the socket area. I'm not very certain but from the picture of the board I believe the msata connector will get in the way of the h60's backplate. Can any owners of this board confirm this?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
It looks like it might fit if you push the backplate up away from it. Seeing as how the holes on the H60 backplate aren't set and rather, have long oval holes. So then you can slide it away from the mSata connector. If it still interferes then you can just snip a little bit of the backplate leg off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRO-Bot View Post

It looks like it might fit if you push the backplate up away from it. Seeing as how the holes on the H60 backplate aren't set and rather, have long oval holes. So then you can slide it away from the mSata connector. If it still interferes then you can just snip a little bit of the backplate leg off.
Hi, I appreciate the response. In regards to the backplate I don't believe that I could push it away from the msata connector and mount. This being due to deadset position the backplate uses to mount into the socket, being socket 1155 in this case. That being said, I just want to make sure its compatible before I pull the trigger on this board because I want somewhat of a clean build without any modification, due to the lack of tools + skills
smile.gif

·
Beyond
4,493 Posts
Just a side note for others, the H50 backplate will hit the mSATA port no matter the orientation. So it will need to be modded to fit the Asrock Z77E-ITX. After the modding my backplate looked like this:

Thankfully the H60 has a different backplate, so as confirmed by purdueman it can work without modding.

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
The H80 will fit as the above poster mentioned. You just need to wiggle the backplate around and it will shift away from the msata port.

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,822 Posts
I had no prob mounting my h100 either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts