939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally got the parts for my new build

AMD Phenom x3 8450 CPU
Asus M3A78-EM Mobo
A-Data 2GB 1066+ Extreme edition RAM
Wester Digital Caviar Blue 250GB HDD
Fortron High Efficientcy 400W PSU

Of cource this thread is useless without PICHERZ!!!!

That one is the cork tree board to which i will attach the build......untill i will get a proper case.

Next, opening the motherboard box.

Well looky here. The motherboard.

Took some time to attach it to the cork board, but here it is, with the CPU in...

Connected to the PSU, HDD and RAM installed and in place.

That was the moment, when i realised the PSU didn't have a power cord...

EDIT: Ok, so i have the power cord now. I can finally plug it in....BUT(!) i have to reaarrange my room to put the GIGANTIC CRT(if you're still reading Andr3az) screen near the build. PIC: i just reallized, that the cork board is the easiest moddable case(
) i have ever seen.

To be continued.

UPDATE!!!!!!!

My build hase come through with some changes, some minor, some more than that, so without further delays i present: my PC

As you can see i got a case, which is a bit old, but at least it's not grey going on yellow...

I also got a proper screen. It isn't much, but it is better than that old blur of a CRT...

And here's the case. Sorry for the bad camera work... As you can see i got a GPU, an Asus 4830 to be precise. I like it and don't forget, it's a budget build. Other upgrades include an AMD Phenom II 720BE, which i succesfully overclocked to 3,5GHz, some case fans, blue LED's and tumbler switches on the front of the case to controll the fans.

I also got a greenish acryl side-windows, which is just an acryl plate stuck with duck tape to the place where a case wall should be. Also, it doesn't cover the entire wall so there is an inch gap at the front. What?! That helps cooling.

Einsteinium - that's what i call it now.

I guess this is as much as i can tell you for now...
Thanks for reading and i would be happy to get some feedback

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, so here's my first thoughts of Windows Server 2008. It's one hell of an OS. I got it from Dreamspark.com - Thank you Microsoft for giving me this wonderful piece of software. I tweaked it into a workstation. Basicly it's Vista with service pack 1 and all the GUI disabled, but it's fast, even when i turned on full Aero... I'm not sure why, but maybe it's because i have a tri-core and server OS'es are multi core optimized, but i like it. Still some programs don't like it but i still do. And, guess what....no UAC!!!!

EDIT: am i feeling lucky today?! Yes because my friend just somehow got an extra copy of Vista and gave it to me saying he doesn't like Vista(the poor fool). So i took away his hated OS and installed it on my build. Also Server 2008 didn't let me install any desktop antivirus saying it was a server and has to use a specific antivirus that i have to pay for.... so much for a nearly perfect OS...

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Wow I like the idea of mounting it on cork. I love caseless setups! The only thing you'll ever have to worry about is mounting a PCI-e GPU, although I dont think your planning on it..

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcshoejake
View Post

Wow I like the idea of mounting it on cork. I love caseless setups! The only thing you'll ever have to worry about is mounting a PCI-e GPU, although I dont think your planning on it..

lol, or the house burning down when/if it overheats and grounds out
on a different note I do like it, simple, sleek, CHEAP, and it looks better than any crappy drawing from a child being posted onto the board
Didn't he mention GPU and cooling?
man I think im gonna have to sub to this to see how that mount goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.