Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Slurpee Addict
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How badly would I be restricted if I ran on 4 gigs of ram for 30 days? if i ran that with my new ryzen

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
That's kind of hard to answer because we have no idea what stresses (programs) to which your ram will be subjected.

·
Slurpee Addict
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i know pubg will be out of the question but lego games , league of legends, it will only be for a month till I have enough to get a good kit

·
curmudgeon
5,930 Posts
Forget games. As it is sitting here doing nothing win 10 is using 3.7gb of ram on my system. When gaming I usually see 8gb+ being used.

·
Slurpee Addict
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forget games. As it is sitting here doing nothing win 10 is using 3.7gb of ram on my system. When gaming I usually see 8gb+ being used.

I guess as long as I can turn the pc on , like i said its only for 30 days

·
curmudgeon
5,930 Posts
Consider me to be a worst case scenario as my win10 install will be 3 years old in 2 months. It has had FX CPUs and motherboards changed on it, been migrated from one HD to another to an SSD, and now is running a Ryzen system. I go through it periodically looking for stuff to delete but I NEED all that bloatware. :eek:

It got a big update last night and right now with one tab open in Firefox it's using 3.9gb of ram. This is actually a good advertisement for stress testing the overclock as an unstable system would never last this long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts