Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well, here are the issues with Vista.

1) I can not remove 'features from Vista. Not services but bonus software, extra applications, etc.

2) Notepad and Wordpad hang for a brief second when trying to close or open files.

3) Network and Sharing Center do not correctly show the network path/abilities to share media.

4) I am sure I will run into something else, and will update it accordingly when I do.

·
Premium Member
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one knows how to fix this stuff?

I now know that the Network Center thing is due to a service, so that can be taken out.

I have run sfc /scannow to try to fix any damaged system files.

I am sure some people know how to fix this.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I had most of these problems. My Network and Sharing Center wouldn't show the detected wireless networks which was pissing me off since I take my lappy with me to university and I couldn't do anything without wireless. Plus, my Microsoft Office wasn't working on Vista and had to re-install it dozen of times without luck. I solved these problems re-installing Vista =\\.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GH0 View Post
Alright well, here are the issues with Vista.

1) I can not remove 'features from Vista. Not services but bonus software, extra applications, etc.
You mean special features part of Windows? Did you try Control Panel>Programs and Features>Turn Windows Features On or Off ?

Quote:

2) Notepad and Wordpad hang for a brief second when trying to close or open files.
Did you disable Windows Search/Index? Untick "Index this drive for fast search" in your drive properties?

Quote:

3) Network and Sharing Center do not correctly show the network path/abilities to share media.
Are these services all enabled and started automatically?

Base Filtering Engine
Computer Browser
Distributed Transaction Coordinator
Distributed Link Tracking Client
Function Discovery Provider Host
Function Discovery Resource Publication
Ktmrm for Distributed Transaction Coordinator
Link Layer Topology Discovery Mapper

·
Premium Member
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I went through the steps to try to remove the Windows Special Features. I checked the Error Reports, and it says that it just simply can't change them.

Yes, they are all unticked.

I got the Network Center to show up again.

·
Premium Member
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Windows Dreamscene and Tablet Functions. Yes UAC is completely disabled.

I ended up reinstalling, because there was too many issues (generally slow, even though Vista is supposed to be faster then XP).

The issue was fixed though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts