Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the SSD in my wife's computer for a larger one, all was well for a few days and a WIndows update. Now the entry/label for the boot drive is somehow missing. In the screen shot to boot from the C: drive you have select boot device while it is initializing and select the blank line at the top. This blank line does not show up in the BIOS configuration screens to select as the default, so you always have to select a boot device to boot. Other than this issue everything is working fine. The system is a i3-6300 and a Gigabyte GAB150MDS3H, 16G RAM, and the boot drive is a WD Blue 1T SSD. I tried the WIndows start up repair tool and bootrec fixmbr and fixboot to no avail. Any thoughts on how to fix this without reinstalling WIndows?

Thanks

Font Technology Electronic device Display device Gadget

·
Registered
601 Posts
This would be great if each drive had a different OS to load. I want to do this on my ASUS but I cant find out, not many options in the bios

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
What software did you use to clone?

I recently used Acronis to image a HDD from a PC supplied with some expensive new equipment to an SSD. Windows still reports it as a HDD in Task Manager, even though it is correctly TRIMming the SSD and reports it correctly in Device Manager and other locations.

I've never had that happen with CloneZilla, so I'm a bit puzzled how and what Acronis does it differently (both were offline clones using bootable media).

·
Premium Member
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used the Acronis version WD provides, I was migrating between 2 WD Blue SSDs. I got a response from the ticket I opened with WD, but it was a list of canned questions that made it pretty clear they didn't actually read the problem description I provided.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts