Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I was wondering if you can mix the PC ICE non-conductive fluid with distilled water, because I am not sure if a quart of the PC ICE will be enough to fill my new system and the reservoir. So I was think of adding the distilled water to make up the difference. Will it still remain non-conductive? and will there be any ill effects to using it. Thanks
 

·
SNERP!!!
Joined
·
4,183 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by atomicfission92

Hey all,
I was wondering if you can mix the PC ICE non-conductive fluid with distilled water, because I am not sure if a quart of the PC ICE will be enough to fill my new system and the reservoir. So I was think of adding the distilled water to make up the difference. Will it still remain non-conductive? and will there be any ill effects to using it. Thanks

If you want to for sure keep it non-conductive (the only reason you would buy this product) I wouldn't add the water to it. Bite the bullet and get two bottles if you think you might need it. I had to buy two bottles of MCT-5 and that cost a bit more then the PC ice.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: atomicfission92

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I was just wondering, I mean how much can it lessen the non-conductive abilities of it? Is a quart gonna be enough?

I converted a couple things, and if I use all 15ft of tubing that will be about .6 of a quart. or 19.39 FL OZ. Which leaves about 15 or so OZ. to fill the radiator and blocks and pump and res. How much do you think they could take?
 

·
SNERP!!!
Joined
·
4,183 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by atomicfission92

Well I was just wondering, I mean how much can it lessen the non-conductive abilities of it? Is a quart gonna be enough?

I converted a couple things, and if I use all 15ft of tubing that will be about .6 of a quart. or 19.39 FL OZ. Which leaves about 15 or so OZ. to fill the radiator and blocks and pump and res. How much do you think they could take?

I have no idea how much it will lessen the non-conductive abilities. It is my guess that it will completely take the ability away. It is something that would have to be tested or you would have to have a mathematical formula for it.

I used a little over a bottle of MCT-5 which is 32oz. I had a dual heatercore, danger den 5 1/4 res, Apogee, NV-68, and an Ehiem 1250 pump. I probably used 8 ft of 1/2ID tubing. Sounds like you will need more then one bottle to me.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like it to me too. I wish I would of thought of this when I ordered everything this morning.

Oh and If you are wondering this is what I ordered.

Swiftech APOGEE cpu block
DangerDen Maze 4 gpu block
DangerDen D5 pump
77' Pontiac Bonnevile heatercore
Dual 5 1/4" res UV blue
PC Ice non-conductive fluid
5-pack of 120mm fans 63 CFM at 27.5 dBA
( I know Panaflo's are better but I was running close to my budget. I will probally upgrade after I sell my Big Typhoon)
and various clamps
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,448 Posts

·
SNERP!!!
Joined
·
4,183 Posts
Call whoever you ordered it from and have them add another if they haven't shipped it out yet.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea they shipped it out, so I ordered it from xoxide.com

Oh and another quick thing, do I need to get heatsinks for the ram on the graphics card?
 

·
SNERP!!!
Joined
·
4,183 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by atomicfission92

yea they shipped it out, so I ordered it from xoxide.com

Oh and another quick thing, do I need to get heatsinks for the ram on the graphics card?

Yeah, I would.
 

·
SNERP!!!
Joined
·
4,183 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by atomicfission92

I was looking at these.
But I think I need two sets. So 40 bucks is a little much just for ram heatsinks. Which ones would you suggest?

I was actually looking at getting those too, but I think they might be a little bit too tall to fit under the tubing. I'm going to get them and if that actually is the case I'll just sand them down till they fit. You only need one package, unless you want to get two then send me one of them
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh ok, nice, I was under the inpression I need two sets. Don't know where I read that from, I know I saw it somewhere. Thanks for clearing that up. You really have helped my alot getting everything I need for my watercooling setup. I really appreciate it. Reps for you.

i just ordered them from jab-tech, cost me $23 with shipping.
 

·
SNERP!!!
Joined
·
4,183 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by atomicfission92

Oh ok, nice, I was under the inpression I need two sets. Don't know where I read that from, I know I saw it somewhere. Thanks for clearing that up. You really have helped my alot getting everything I need for my watercooling setup. I really appreciate it. Reps for you.

i just ordered them from jab-tech, cost me $23 with shipping.

That's about as cheap as you will find them. I'm more then happy to help.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top