Overclock.net banner

Mixing PC ice and distilled water

749 12
Hey all,
I was wondering if you can mix the PC ICE non-conductive fluid with distilled water, because I am not sure if a quart of the PC ICE will be enough to fill my new system and the reservoir. So I was think of adding the distilled water to make up the difference. Will it still remain non-conductive? and will there be any ill effects to using it. Thanks
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
7,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I was just wondering, I mean how much can it lessen the non-conductive abilities of it? Is a quart gonna be enough?

I converted a couple things, and if I use all 15ft of tubing that will be about .6 of a quart. or 19.39 FL OZ. Which leaves about 15 or so OZ. to fill the radiator and blocks and pump and res. How much do you think they could take?

· Banned
7,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like it to me too. I wish I would of thought of this when I ordered everything this morning.

Oh and If you are wondering this is what I ordered.

Swiftech APOGEE cpu block
DangerDen Maze 4 gpu block
DangerDen D5 pump
77' Pontiac Bonnevile heatercore
Dual 5 1/4" res UV blue
PC Ice non-conductive fluid
5-pack of 120mm fans 63 CFM at 27.5 dBA
( I know Panaflo's are better but I was running close to my budget. I will probally upgrade after I sell my Big Typhoon)
and various clamps

· Banned
7,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh ok, nice, I was under the inpression I need two sets. Don't know where I read that from, I know I saw it somewhere. Thanks for clearing that up. You really have helped my alot getting everything I need for my watercooling setup. I really appreciate it. Reps for you.

i just ordered them from jab-tech, cost me $23 with shipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.