1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Overclocked by Jesus
4,759 Posts
I dig it.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
I like the idea, and I am glad someone tried something different. They definitely left out the left handed users here though. I am curious to try the phone out and see the full implementation of the curved area of the display.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalezm View Post

No love for lefties
frown.gif
Samsung encourages lefties who will buy the Note Edge to turn it upside down
biggrin.gif

of course im kidding

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edo101 View Post

I would buy one but does it have a better night camera than a Note 3 and Note 2? I wanted to keep my Note 3 buyt that night camera was an abomination
I doubt it. My guess, same poor camera with more megapixels. Same speakers. I do plan to pick up a note 4 coming from a note 2. Going to pass on the Edge. It's too bulky for me. I have a hard enough time fitting the note 2 in my pockets.

What really hurt me was the lack of water resistance. I spend a lot of time on the water and would love to have my phone with me. I like the notes but the lack of a water resistance is almost a deal breaker for me. Going to pick it up from best buy and add their warranty. As careful as I am I do manage to break a phone every year or so due to water damage.

·
Banned
4,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyHeaven View Post

I doubt it. My guess, same poor camera with more megapixels. Same speakers. I do plan to pick up a note 4 coming from a note 2. Going to pass on the Edge. It's too bulky for me. I have a hard enough time fitting the note 2 in my pockets.

What really hurt me was the lack of water resistance. I spend a lot of time on the water and would love to have my phone with me. I like the notes but the lack of a water resistance is almost a deal breaker for me. Going to pick it up from best buy and add their warranty. As careful as I am I do manage to break a phone every year or so due to water damage.
If its not looks like I'll just stick with my Note 2. All those MPs for what, day time perfect lighting shots?

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
Looks like a recipe for constantly pressing the buttons on that toolbar by mistake. Not to mention how easy that would be to break, and how much harder it probably is to replace.

I like the original Galaxy Nexus with a cured concave display. That made the most sense, but wasn't aggressive enough of a curve for me.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookster View Post

Looks like a recipe for constantly pressing the buttons on that toolbar by mistake. Not to mention how easy that would be to break, and how much harder it probably is to replace.

I like the original Galaxy Nexus with a cured concave display. That made the most sense, but wasn't aggressive enough of a curve for me.
Couldn't agree more to all of these points. Only reasons why I'm upgrading. 1) Specs, my note 2 is getting a little out of date. 2) Will support Sprints network better, which is a pretty big one. I'm the only one in my household who can't make calls. 3) Best buy's insurance will make phone replacements a lot cheaper. I'm tired of leaving my phone behind so I plan to take it on the water with me.

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Pretty cool. I'm more impressed that Samsung is finally doing something with the build quality of their phones. Too bad touchwiz will never make me want a Samsung phone ever again. Hopefully there is a Google play edition. My HTC one m7 is still running like champ, but I will be side grading to the nexus x more than likely

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edo101 View Post

I would buy one but does it have a better night camera than a Note 3 and Note 2? I wanted to keep my Note 3 buyt that night camera was an abomination
What ? The camera itself is an abomination. I have Note 3, and it's stupid and hard to take photos in daylight, due to the auto-brightness. I couldnt find any setting to shut it down neither. Every photo looks extremely dark and hard to see.

I might spare some money to grab a proper camera instead of Note4.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.