Overclock.net banner

[MLID] Intel i5-12600K Leak: The 5800X Killer at 5600X Pricing…with Windows 11

2066 7

Cliff Notes:
12600k is a direct replacement to the 11600k
12600k allegedly beats both the 5600x and 5800x
12600k will cost less then the 5600x and 5800x
12600k will have 6+4 (6 big cores and 4 little cores)
12500k is an i5 not an i7 or i9

However, 690z chipset and ddr5 ram will be expensive. And, you will need to use Win11 do to it's improved scheduling for these CPUs. This is still a rumor.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,436 Posts
I was initially going for a 12600k, BUT if the 12700k is say $100 more I'd pay that difference, hell even $150 gap. 2 extra P cores, more cache. Considering how long I keep a CPU compared to a GPU the extra P cores can definitely come in handy in a few years.

· - Insanity Beckons -
5,060 Posts
Considering how long I keep a CPU compared to a GPU the extra P cores can definitely come in handy in a few years.
Have always ditched my older junk (land-fill) due to limited space. Best just buy the new gear and use it for a year or so, until something else comes along.

Amazing how everything accumulates and vital space disappears .... :mad:

· Registered
3,436 Posts
Have always ditched my older junk (land-fill) due to limited space. Best just buy the new gear and use it for a year or so, until something else comes along.

Amazing how everything accumulates and vital space disappears .... :mad:
I don't keep spare pc hardware laying around when I upgrade, I always sell it off to make up some of the cost of the new toys. Ever since sandy bridge upgrading a CPU frequently became fairly pointless. 2600k vs my 7700k with a 6 year gap between them is a 20% difference at same clocks and DDR3 vs DDR4. <4% per year Yikes. Finally AMD came with Ryzen and gave people a reason to upgrade otherwise we'd still be joking Intel was selling us the same chip with a higher number. I tested the 1700 and 7700k for myself when i was looking to upgrade a 2500k and went with Intel for the sole reason that i was really into competitive FPS and needed the frames from the higher IPC.

Now I'm finally running into games that could benefit from more cores than my 7700k has and I guess Intel got lucky with timing and Alder Lake as I'll be picking one of those chips up instead of a Zen 3. I fully expect to stay on the Z690 platform for a minimum of 3 years but probably longer as CPUs just don't offer much more each year compared to GPUs.

· Not a linux lobbyist
2,938 Posts
As much as they've been maligned, Intel's quad cores have had real staying power due to their high single thread performance.
Since I game at 4k60 I'm waiting for Raptor lake though.

· - Insanity Beckons -
5,060 Posts
I don't keep spare pc hardware laying around when I upgrade, I always sell it off to make up some of the cost of the new toys.
Don't have that luxury of time to waste upon selling anything here. More trouble than it's worth especially with the filth buyers on 'Flebay' trying their best to rip-off sellers 24/7.

Far easier and quicker to bundle the old gear into boxes and into the skips, as soon as possible. Out of sight and out of mind. Hopefully someone else downstream can use it or sell it themselves.

Always let others suffer the 'Flebay' Nausea. The gear was getting old and is not worth much, like it once did when it arrived shrink-wrapped at the offices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.