Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Giddy Rob

I have just got a laptop with a Geforce go fx 5200 is it possible to clock this card safely?

Giddy Rob

Try software(coolbits,rivatuner) to overclock....just push that card until you get artifacts. I can't think of more safe way to oc it

·
Registered
83 Posts
When I OC my Graphics card I find where I get artifacts and then go 5 MHz lower just to stay safe. I may seem anal but I dont have the money to be buying new stuff all the time. Good luck with what you find works though

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I wouldn't recommend setting as high as it will go and wait for artifacts, then bring it down 5mhz. I think u should do this to start with but then bring it down 20mhz and run it at full load for at least 20minutes. If there are no artifacts at all, then maybe bring it up 5 more mhz and try again, but no higher than that. Laptops have very poor cooling, so you don't want to make that video card much hotter than it already is.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin DeFields

Laptops have very poor cooling, so you don't want to make that video card much hotter than it already is.

Oh yea forgot to metion that was for my desktop. yea I would just OC slow and watch the temps. and artifacts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts