Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tumblr_lspb9gf8xZ1r4smp9o1_500.jpg

Quote:
Google decided to postpone the Nexus Prime announcement out of consideration for those mourning Steve Jobs, highlighting the respect Apple's competitors held for the visionary.

The two companies were set to unveil their first smartphone based on Android's Ice Cream Sandwich at a wireless industry trade show in San Diego, but put those plans on hold.

"We believe this is not the right time to announce a new product as the world expresses tribute to Steve Jobs's passing," the companies said in a joint statement, underscoring the impact of Jobs' death.
Source

I admire Google for doing so, but why isn't Apple doing the same and postponing the iPhone 4S release?

R.I.P. Steve Jobs
1072011114908pm.jpg

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mothergoose729
View Post

This is stupid. He was a man. A great man sure but life goes on. Just release the damn phone.

This is silly, It's a phone. A great phone but life goes on. Just release steve jobs damnit

..wait waht

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Quote:

View Post

This is stupid. He was a man. A great man sure but life goes on. Just release the damn phone.

No, you are just a mere man. He was a visionary/genius. If it was not for him that Nexus you are eyeing would probably not have been possible. Pay some respect to the guy...... Its little things like this that really show respect.

Edit: And no I am not a Apple fanboy, I own a Captivate before any nerds go off accusing me...

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothergoose729;15220344
As much as I want the Nexus Prime released, if these companies can put their release aside to honor Steve Jobs, I think that speaks volumes.

I'm known not to be an Apple fan, eventhough I haven't owned an Android phone yet, but give respect where respect is due. Without Steve Jobs we wouldn't have such evolutionary hardware we have today.

Heck, we wouldn't have the Nexus Prime coming out, would we?

·
I lieks teh cheese
2,097 Posts
You know they did this not to honor the man, but only to wait until the hooplah dies down first
It's business, after all

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Quote:

View Post

There's always one...you're just so edgy!

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhRe4k
View Post

You know they did this not to honor the man, but only to wait until the hooplah dies down first
It's business, after all

With the iPhone 4S release still in full effect, you'd think it'd be in their best interest to release the info now, rather then later. Perhaps, they truly are showing respect to Stevie Jobs.

·
Premium Member
2,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig;15220468
proof.gif
Regardless of how amazing the Nexus Prime may be, it doesn't have the capability to steal Job's thunder. Releasing the phone now amidst the commotion will only leave the product to be unnoticed and forgotten.

·
I lieks teh cheese
2,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agenesis;15220501
Regardless of how amazing the Nexus Prime may be, it doesn't have the capability to steal Job's thunder. Releasing the phone now amidst the commotion will only leave the product to be unnoticed and forgotten.
Or worse, with the public outraged at google's disrespect and lack of taste

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Quote:

View Post

That..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,589 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Remember - hes a man and not a god. Next thing you know we'll get some guy heading off to the gaming section of the forum and asking how they can play games when steve jobs is dead.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bgtrance
View Post

No, you are just a mere man. He was a visionary/genius. If it was not for him that Nexus you are eyeing would probably not have been possible. Pay some respect to the guy...... Its little things like this that really show respect.

Edit: And no I am not a Apple fanboy, I own a Captivate before any nerds go off accusing me...

Your just a mortal, I'm a wizard. Honestly fellow Chicagoan pointing fingers and calling other people names, it's almost as if you said rich people are gods and were nothing. RIP STEVE you were a very smart man, but you over worked all of your "minions".

·
I lieks teh cheese
2,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agenesis;15220559
Remember - hes a man and not a god. Next thing you know we'll get some guy heading off to the gaming section of the forum and asking how they can play games when steve jobs is dead.
Don't tell me that, tell the people who actually think he is God
tongue.gif

·
notNOTmbudden
14,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig;15220408
As much as I want the Nexus Prime released, if these companies can put their release aside to honor Steve Jobs, I think that speaks volumes.

I'm known not to be an Apple fan, eventhough I haven't owned an Android phone yet, but give respect where respect is due. Without Steve Jobs we wouldn't have such evolutionary hardware we have today.

Heck, we wouldn't have the Nexus Prime coming out, would we?
LULZ. WUT.
Get out. Now.

·
Registered
469 Posts
So they chose to honor a man who changed the world, rather than honor faceless, ungrateful, and insignificant consumers, makes sense.

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
You are not honoring steve jobs memory by delaying a release. This is dumb. You can respect his passing and still go on with business.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts