Overclock.net banner

Mobo does not recognize PATA HD

723 Views 6 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Thumper
OK, see what you make of this.

I am completeing the build listed in my specs below (except I am using only the 120GB PATA drive for now) and, as the title says, it won't see my hard drive.

I have a single DVD ROM connected to the blue IDE bus for optical drives, and I have the HD connected to the primary red IDE bus for Hard Drives.

The system posts, I can get into BIOS fine. I get a single beep which means hardware error, and, yes, it does not show my HD in the BIOS.

I checked my jumper on the HD, it is set to master or Single drive, and is on the master connector on the IDE cable.

If I plug it into the Blue IDE bus on the motherboard, it recognizes the HD.......but then the DVD ROM is not seen when it is connected on the primary red IDE (I saw on the ASUS forums that this board does not recognize optical drives on the red buses, so I expected that)

When I leave it like this, windows will boot, sort of, it states hardware has changed so I have to re-activate (no biggie) except once it boots, my mouse and keyboard go offline.

My final configuration will use a DVD/CD Burner, a DVD ROM, a 120GB PATA, a 300GB SATA, and a 19GB PATA (I'll be running Linux on this one) So I need to use all 3 buses.

I'm open for suggestions......
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Did you load the ITE drivers during the F6 Windows install? I am using SATA drives, so I never had that problem, but I do remember someone else saying to install the ITE drivers (found on the Asus cd) during F6 install.

· Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Hmm, isn't that what I told you to try??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.