Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I find myself in emotional limbo upon "completing" my first build with a custom loop. Let's get the components in question out of the way.

I'm running a i7-4770k in an MSI Z87i AC motherboard, which is being powered by a Silverstone SX-600G, all housed in an Ncase M1. There are other components in the build, but I've narrowed it down to these.

Upon filling the loop with water and using the 24 pin connector to turn the pump on and off, the pump worked properly and moved the water with no problems. I then connected the 24 pin cable to the motherboard (with all other cables/components connected) and attempted to power the machine on. Nothing happened, with the exception of the PSU fan making an attempt to begin spinning and 1 of the case fans spinning rather slowly.

After this, I began disconnecting components to try to narrow down the problem and think that I finally have. While the 8 pin CPU power cable is plugged in (either 4 pin connector in this case) nothing will power on, while the pump makes a faint startup sound using the adapter 24 pin terminal. As soon as I remove the CPU cable from the motherboard the pump fires right up. This is the only way I'm able to test things at the moment. Any thoughts?

·
PC Enthusiast
1,075 Posts
I've run into a similar problem in my ncase where I had everything working with the 450w version of your psu and took the mobo out, then got my mate to refit everything a few days later and it wouldn't post.. the only difference being the way he had run the cables put a lot of pressure on them. redoing the cables how I originally had them made the system boot again. I think maybe the soft flexible cables don't like being squished.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts