Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can see my specs. I updated my Bios, things got screwed up, got a brand new board from ASUS. Problem Started. Installed Half Life. Freezes 2 minutes in. Every Time I run it. Apparitions appear in Doom 2 and freezes occasionally. Older games run fine.

Thought it could be a bad install. Uninstalled and reinstalled several times. No good.

Overclocked too much? Took it all the way back to factory. Slightly longer play time before freezing.

Driver problem? Updated to latest (it improved my 3DMark score :) but no fix. Even checked al display settings.

Heat problem? removed heatsink, cleaned, reaplied thermal past, no affect.

Incorrect BIOS settings? double checked.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Overclocked too much? Took it all the way back to factory. Slightly longer play time before freezing.

You answered your own question, your ram is probably really crappy, causing you freezes. I suggest some better ram. =)

Also, your PSU could be crapping on you as well.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Replaced the RAM with a stick of 512 Corsair XMS DDR 400 PC 3200. Played 10 minutes flawlessly. I checked the power supply to be sure I had sufficient amperage. 20A on the 12V+ rail, 500W. That and the Power Supply is new, so I don't think it's an issue. Looks like the RAM as it. However, if anyone has any other suggestions let me know. I could get the same problem 30 minutes into play and realize that the RAM wasn't the heart of the issue.

Thanks Dude!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not overclocked at all.... but how about this.... I put in my ram, in the correct dimm slots this time, and it won't restart. POST tells me that the "System Failed Due To CPU Overclocking" BUT I don't have it overclocked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.