Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I (hopefully) sell my truck I can afford some upgrades. In addition, I'm planning on painting the grills of my 1200 red, to match the accents on my graphics cards. I'll be getting slipstreams to replace all my tri-cools, and I'll be getting some sort of fan controller (I want it to look really cool, with an LCD preferably, any ideas?). I'll also be putting in two 12" green cathodes in addition to my dual 4"s, and I'll be putting each pair on a military-style switch which I'll mod into one of the 1200 slot protectors.

The upgrades will include a Dark Knight, Q9650, 4GB OCZ Reapers, 150GB Velociraptor, G11 keyboard, and a G9. I'll also be switching to Vista.

I will hopefully have all this done by Quakecon, so I can have a new flashy powerful rig to show off there.

Any suggestions on the case mod side of things? Here's a pic of what my PC looks like now, what do you think could make it better?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
You can do side panel replacement, looks really good.

Do you have another pic that shows the cable management well? Post it up if so. And if you still use the dust filters the Slipstreams' motor will burn up, they can't handle pulling the air through the filters. It happened to Marin in his 1200, they started smelling funky.

EDIT" Just realized you already did the side window mod, so disregard first part of post.

·
Premium Member
3,854 Posts
that case looks awesome!!! but the next thing i would do is get rid of that Zalman 9700 and get a XIGMATEK dark knight and put a black/blue fan on it. i got my e8400 at 4.1 on a reg XIGMATEK right now.

most people don't believe the 19 dbl rating on that but i have 5 and there prity quiet at full speed. the only noise from them are the fan grills there on

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel Phreak
View Post

You can do side panel replacement, looks really good. 0

Do you have another pic that shows the cable management well? Post it up if so. And if you still use the dust filters the Slipstreams' motor will burn up, they can't handle pulling the air through the filters. It happened to Marin in his 1200, they started smelling funky.

EDIT" Just realized you already did the side window mod, so disregard first part of post.

Well, I'm glad you told me about the filters, that will save me a headache

Here's a better pic.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkey92
View Post

Well, I'm glad you told me about the filters, that will save me a headache

Here's a better pic.

Wow I have to say great job on CM. Really looks good. I'm not sure what else you can really do, I kinda wanna do something different with my 1200 but not sure, I'm thinking about maybe painting the grills a different color.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.