Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
User of the PC
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just purchased a Antec 300. I need some mod ideas! First thing Ill be doing is a window on the side. What else should I do?

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
You should flip the HDD's in the 300. YOu'll need right angle SATA connectors, but that's it really.

Cut holes for Cable management.

Flip your PSU.

Cut off the fan hex grills and either add your own, or leave them blank.

·
User of the PC
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post
You should flip the HDD's in the 300. YOu'll need right angle SATA connectors, but that's it really.

Cut holes for Cable management.

Flip your PSU.

Cut off the fan hex grills and either add your own, or leave them blank.
Cable management is a first for me. PSU will be flipped, then other stuff I'm thinking. The case will be getting painted flat black inside.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Use an extra piece of that blue mesh and modify and attach it to the tray on that optical drive bay so it's all uniform,

Paint your power supply blacK? Then flip and and install a mesh intake right under it.
Get an exhaust fan under that vga card to direct some air flow down south.

Then get that baby lit up with some leds, yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaa

Well done, keep up the good work

·
Bigger is Always Better
1,115 Posts
Here's some shots of my Antec300. I did some pretty basic mods including cutting out the side window ( I decided to leave the side fan so I cut around it) and adding access holes for routing the psu cables behind the motherboard. Also, I reversed the HDD's which is real easy in this case. My next mod will probably be to replace the antec tri-cool fans with coolermaster led fans. They're much quieter than the tri-cools and flow just as much air. I included some before and after pictures. Hope this helps you decide.

One more thing, when I cut out the side panel, I used a nibbler tool. Best $7 that I invested. TONS cleaner than a jigsaw or sabre saw and a lot less dangerous!

LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

·
Bigger is Always Better
1,115 Posts
Opps, I didn't get a shot of the window in the last reply. Check out the Crucial Ballistic memory modules! Man are they BRIGHT!
! I wish I had gotten the blue or green LED's but the red was on sale.
LL
LL
LL

·
Registered
990 Posts
Paint inside black, Cut a Window, Cold Cathodes, Stealth mod the CD drive, Cut out the fan grill out and replace with metal one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts