Overclock.net banner

12921 - 12940 of 12964 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I want to modify my Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2L to support LGA771 Xeon CPUs but there is a problem.
When I want to flash microcodes I got this error:
Code:
cbrom195.exe V1.95 [12/14/07] (C)Phoenix Technologies 2001-2007
Combine NCPUCODE.BIN file to 9gcms2l.bin...
9gcms2l.bin have not enough space for adding ROM. (Over 100110h bytes)

!!! Combine NC_CPUCODE have some error.
I checked the BIOS file and:
Code:

********  9gcms2l.bin BIOS component ********

No. Item-Name         Original-Size   Compressed-Size Original-File-Name
================================================================================
  0. System BIOS       400040h(4096.06K)100136h(1024.30K)

Total compress code space  = 100136h(1152.30K)
  Total compressed code size = 100136h(1024.30K)
  Remain compress code space = 00000h(0.00K)

** Micro Code Information **
Update ID  CPUID  |  Update ID  CPUID  |  Update ID  CPUID  |  Update ID  CPUID
------------------+--------------------+--------------------+-------------------
Somebody can help me?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hello Guys,

I can buy the following board pretty cheap- Jetway I35P-SG. Will it be able to run a x5460 without any issue? I am not even talking about OC, just at default. There isnt much info about the mobo. Looking at the specs I think that it should be able to handle the x5460..

Thank you in an advance! :)

·
771on775 user,Complainer
1,649 Posts
Hello. I want to modify my Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2L to support LGA771 Xeon CPUs but there is a problem.
When I want to flash microcodes I got this error:
Code:
Combine NCPUCODE.BIN file to 9gcms2l.bin...
9gcms2l.bin have not enough space for adding ROM. (Over 100110h bytes)

!!! Combine NC_CPUCODE have some error.
I checked the BIOS file and:
Code:

********  9gcms2l.bin BIOS component ********

No. Item-Name         Original-Size   Compressed-Size Original-File-Name
================================================================================
  0. System BIOS       400040h(4096.06K)100136h(1024.30K)

Total compress code space  = 100136h(1152.30K)
  Total compressed code size = 100136h(1024.30K)
  Remain compress code space = 00000h(0.00K)

** Micro Code Information **
Update ID  CPUID  |  Update ID  CPUID  |  Update ID  CPUID  |  Update ID  CPUID
------------------+--------------------+--------------------+-------------------
Somebody can help me?

The solution is to delete an obsolete socket 775 code (1 of the pentium 4 codes for example) and replace it with the xeon code. Just an FYI,that board's not likely to support quad core's.:thumb:

·
771on775 user,Complainer
1,649 Posts
Hello Guys,

I can buy the following board pretty cheap- Jetway I35P-SG. Will it be able to run a x5460 without any issue? I am not even talking about OC, just at default. There isnt much info about the mobo. Looking at the specs I think that it should be able to handle the x5460..

Thank you in an advance! :)

You're probably going to have to add the microcodes for the xeon's to the bios,but other than that it seems likely to be all good.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You're probably going to have to add the microcodes for the xeon's to the bios,but other than that it seems likely to be all good.
I was thinking of the same, but I had to confirm it. Thank you! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
X5460 on a MSI P45 Neo3-FR 1.0 with windows 10. Is that possible?

I can't get installation to work it would freeze or restart loop during installation, right at the windows logo after "Loading files...".

Is this something a microcode mod would fix?

Edit: I modded the bios 1A0. It has the updated microcode for CPU CPUID versions 1067A and 10676. !!Warning!! I removed 0671 (last 4 numbers shown here) to make it fit.
Original bios source: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/P45_Neo3FR_PCB_1.0

I followed this for modding the bios: https://www.delidded.com/how-to-update-cpu-microcode-in-ami-bios/
Then I followed this youtube video to flash the bios using the .exe that was included in the official MSI bios download:
(except I didn't change the bios file to .bin)
Then I created a MBR startup usb with 'Rufus' and in the bios I set the Sata raid mode to AHCI (Disabled the JMicron) and I made the usb the first startup disk.

Windows 10 installation started up succesfully from here.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Помогите ПОЖАЛУЙСТА

Здравствуйте, я прочитал и это всё трудно усваивается, помогите собрать подходящий микро код под материнскую плату Asus P5Q SE ID системной платы 64-1005-000001-00101111-071009-Eaglelake$A0985001_BIOS DATE: 07/10/09 14:51:47 VER: 08.00.14
Для процессора X5460 SLANP
Буду благодарен за помощь человеческим СПАСИБО!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
*cannot install win10 on xeon e5430*

Hi All. thanks to let me join this wonderful forum! currently am running Xeon e5430 mod lga775 using motherboard Gigabyte EP43-S3L. windows 7 64 bit installation smooth, however when want install win 10 using usb, stuck on windows logo and never moving at all. already try to solve in in 3 days but no luck 😞. i already update the latest (2015) microcode with ltest gigabyte bios, xeon was detected, win7 good, but still no luck with win10 installation 😞. already also load optimize default, virtualization and ne enable. still no luck. would really appreciate any help. thank you.

brgds
Suwarna

·
PC Master Race
517 Posts
*cannot install win10 on xeon e5430*

Hi All. thanks to let me join this wonderful forum! currently am running Xeon e5430 mod lga775 using motherboard Gigabyte EP43-S3L. windows 7 64 bit installation smooth, however when want install win 10 using usb, stuck on windows logo and never moving at all. already try to solve in in 3 days but no luck 😞. i already update the latest (2015) microcode with ltest gigabyte bios, xeon was detected, win7 good, but still no luck with win10 installation 😞. already also load optimize default, virtualization and ne enable. still no luck. would really appreciate any help. thank you.

brgds
Suwarna
Download the creation tool and run the Update and not the Create a USB installation tool.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You also probably need to enable UEFI or UEFI/Legacy in bios.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Download the creation tool and run the Update and not the Create a USB installation tool.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You also probably need to enable UEFI or UEFI/Legacy in bios.
Thank you, you mean to upgrade from Windows 7 ? i would like to do clean install instead, is it not possible ? furthermore, i dont think EP43-S3L support UEFI, only Legacy. I already create the usb installation using Rufus with Legacy support, but when boot from USB, stuck on Windows Logo.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
PC Master Race
517 Posts
Thanks !!! tried your suggestion to workaround upgrade from Windows 7 and it works !!

you saved my day !

however, still curious why installation using boot usb not working ? any clue ?

Brgsd,
Suwarna
If it was a clean install of Windows 7 there is little garbage that it has to deal with, I've done a thousand Windows 10 installs and upgrades, and my experience is usually a lot different than what you hear about Formatting being better. It has been my experience that if the computer doesn't boot from USB it will need to do the Windows 7 to 10 upgrade. I also replace mechanical hard drives to SSD and use a Hard Drive bay with replicator, this can be done after or before the Windows 7 to 10 upgrade.

I don't work with Microsoft a lot in technical so I don't know why, but your equipment is likely to be come End of Life in the coming years when things like AES will be required or some instruction restriction. Use it till it dies! Most OEM junk that are of that age can't install Windows 10 and total losses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, hope its OK to post a reply to what is a fairly ancient thread..

I have got an old Gigabyte G41MT-S2PT (rev 1.0) that I hoped to pair with a E5450 using this guide.

For the BIOS part of it, I followed the instructions from the first page of the thread, but I don't have total confidence in what I created. Has anyone successful created and applied a modified BIOS for a G41MT-S2PT (rev 1.0)? I notice a rev 1.1 has been done on here..So close!

Part of my lack of confidence is that the latest BIOS for mine is a 41MTS2PT.F2 file, and not a BIN file....

·
PC Master Race
517 Posts
Hello, hope its OK to post a reply to what is a fairly ancient thread..

I have got an old Gigabyte G41MT-S2PT (rev 1.0) that I hoped to pair with a E5450 using this guide.

For the BIOS part of it, I followed the instructions from the first page of the thread, but I don't have total confidence in what I created. Has anyone successful created and applied a modified BIOS for a G41MT-S2PT (rev 1.0)? I notice a rev 1.1 has been done on here..So close!

Part of my lack of confidence is that the latest BIOS for mine is a 41MTS2PT.F2 file, and not a BIN file....
Just update the BIOS from the manufacturers website, I think my board had all the microcode already when I found them dirt cheap years ago on Newegg. You will have mod the socket by removing the tabs for socket lga775 alignment (be carefull not to bend any pins!!!!) and to get the strip that links the 2 LGA contacts and you should be off to the races! Reply here if you run into issue.

My Gigabyte board was the G41MT-S2PT also never even needed a BIOS update for a E5410, I just found a X5470 at work that I plan to throw in eventually.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just update the BIOS from the manufacturers website, I think my board had all the microcode already when I found them dirt cheap years ago on Newegg. You will have mod the socket by removing the tabs for socket lga775 alignment (be carefull not to bend any pins!!!!) and to get the strip that links the 2 LGA contacts and you should be off to the races! Reply here if you run into issue.

My Gigabyte board was the G41MT-S2PT also never even needed a BIOS update for a E5410, I just found a X5470 at work that I plan to throw in eventually.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it.

The BIOS from the manufacturers website is a bit weird if you download it. On Linux, it opens like an archive with a 41MTS2PT.bin file inside, yet you cannot extract it.

https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/GA-G41MT-S2PT-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

I followed the instructions on Windows, and whilst I followed the instruction for a Award BIOS, the updated BIOS file is exactly the same size as the original down to the last byte so I am not convinced.. And obviously the stakes are high - apply a corrupted BIOS - motherboard effectively destroyed..

What was the X5470 out of? A HP G5? I did think of the irony, tinkering with these chips. I think we were recycling this generation of server with these chips around 5 years ago... Such a cool mod though, some incredibly clever people out there to work this out back in the day!

·
PC Master Race
517 Posts
Thanks for the reply I appreciate it.

The BIOS from the manufacturers website is a bit weird if you download it. On Linux, it opens like an archive with a 41MTS2PT.bin file inside, yet you cannot extract it.

https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/GA-G41MT-S2PT-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

I followed the instructions on Windows, and whilst I followed the instruction for a Award BIOS, the updated BIOS file is exactly the same size as the original down to the last byte so I am not convinced.. And obviously the stakes are high - apply a corrupted BIOS - motherboard effectively destroyed..

What was the X5470 out of? A HP G5? I did think of the irony, tinkering with these chips. I think we were recycling this generation of server with these chips around 5 years ago... Such a cool mod though, some incredibly clever people out there to work this out back in the day!
It was actually out of a Dell Poweredge 2950 GenIII, it was bought a refurb so I can't say if it was an original CPU or replacement. I also scored 2 more x5450 LGA771 CPU's out of another Poweredge that was set for the electronic dumpster. I have an Old DFI Blood Iron I bought from a OCN member back when they were new and a Asus Striker II Formula that I want to try out. I had my Q6600 at 3.8ghz on water on the DFI back in the day.

12921 - 12940 of 12964 Posts