Overclock.net banner

12941 - 12960 of 12964 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
[email protected] while [email protected] Q9400 available several different sellers in us under $15 including shipping. No bios issues. ;) Just my opinion.

double cache from the Xeon. Its tempting. And lower price.
lower TDP can help in cooling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

and good morning.

Is it still possible to get a Bios patched ?

I have several Boards and not shure if there is a bios patched.

P5E-WS-PRO
P5K-MVM
P5E-VM DO

Thanks for any idea or reply

best regards
Markus

·
771on775 user,Complainer
1,649 Posts
Hi,

and good morning.

Is it still possible to get a Bios patched ?

I have several Boards and not shure if there is a bios patched.

P5E-WS-PRO
P5K-MVM
P5E-VM DO

Thanks for any idea or reply

best regards
Markus
Sent a message with a dropbox link for the folder containing the 3 modded bios.xeon codes added & 775 codes updated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone.

I'm new to this thread and had a question about my XFX 750i (MB-750I-72P9) motherboard. According to the Google document of compatible boards/chipsets on the first page, the 750i motherboards aren't listed. However, doing a quick page search of the last 20 pages of this thread shows a few mentions of 750i motherboard. People seem to be using them with 771 CPUs, though nobody states this crystal clearly.

Can anyone confirm if these boards are capable of running 771 CPU's? I have a precut E5450 SLBBM (E0) CPU I can use if they do. Any help would be greatly appreciated :giggle:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I decided I am going to go ahead and try this on my XFX 750i, but XFX no longer offers BIOS downloads. Does anybody know where I might be able to find BIOS' for old motherboards?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is there anyway for me to know for certain? I worry I might brick my board if I try to flash it with the incorrect BIOS. I appreciate the help. This is just a one way sort of deal, so I want to be certain :cry:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I cant provide you any proof that they are the same, if the layout and the chipsets are the same I don't see a reason whey you cant use the EVGA bios, you can always buy another bios chip on eBay for less that $20USD.

·
Registered
6 Posts
you can always buy another bios chip on eBay for less that $20USD.
I found this website which sells a chip for my board. However, it looks like the chip will require I solder it onto the board. Is there any way I can confirm this? I've seen pictures of other boards where you can supposedly just swap the chips out. That would certainly be convenient.

Also, I found a way to get a hold of the official BIOS file. XFX has a support FTP with the official BIOS release on it. So yay, no need for doubt on whether the BIOS will be compatible any longer.

·
771on775 user,Complainer
1,649 Posts
I found this website which sells a chip for my board. However, it looks like the chip will require I solder it onto the board. Is there any way I can confirm this? I've seen pictures of other boards where you can supposedly just swap the chips out. That would certainly be convenient.

Also, I found a way to get a hold of the official BIOS file. XFX has a support FTP with the official BIOS release on it. So yay, no need for doubt on whether the BIOS will be compatible any longer.
Here is bios ver 1.41 for the XFX 750i Modded for Xeon support and with updated versions of the other microcodes also where available. Use the included afudos installer to install the bios.(Un zipp the file,than the bios & afudos will be in the location you unzipped to.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is bios ver 1.41 for the XFX 750i Modded for Xeon support and with updated versions of the other microcodes also where available.
o_O Something came up and I hadn't gotten a chance to attempt to mod the BIOS myself yet. This is such a wonderful help to me. Thank you so very much schuck6566. You are a wonderful person and I am genuinely and sincerely thankful to you for this kindness 🥰

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I have an acer g45t g43t-am3 motherboard and was looking to put a E5450 in it for a super budget gaming PC (using an Asus HD7770 2GB gpu). I was wondering if this board would post with the CPU and if I would need to flash a bios with extra instructions. Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi to all,
I'm new to this forum, but I would like to ask your help with my mod. I have these components:
  • Motherboard --> Asus IPIBL-LB (also called Benicia-GL8E);
  • CPU --> Intel Xeon 3GHz LGA771 E5472;
  • The stickers applied in the correct position.
I also checked all the specification, like TDP and various compatibility here LGA 771 to 775 Adapter (MOD) - Run faster Xeon CPUs in a Core 2 Quad motherboard and it's all fine. Hower, when I turn on the PC, the BIOS beeps three times fast, and a fourth time for a long time. If I insert the original CPU that came with the board (a Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200) it's fine and the system works as usual.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance

·
Guru
1,217 Posts
Does your CPU have pin mod sticker attached?
Did you insert it in correct orientation?

I just had a glance at compatible chips though
your mobo has G33 and I don't see it listed there. It may very well be that it doesn't support it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does your CPU have pin mod sticker attached?
Did you insert it in correct orientation?

I just had a glance at compatible chips though
your mobo has G33 and I don't see it listed there. It may very well be that it doesn't support it.
Here is the CPU sticker, and looking at the instructions the sticker to me seems applied correctly:

And the table from where I picked the compatibility for my processor LGA 771 to 775 Adapter (MOD) - Run faster Xeon CPUs in a Core 2 Quad motherboard - Page 3 of 5 I know that it's not this site, but at the time I did never heard of it :(

·
Guru
1,217 Posts
I see. Did you flash modded bios? It says that it's needed for this board.

12941 - 12960 of 12964 Posts