Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
AMD Fanboy Using Nvidia
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ascetically it turned out okay, wish i had a proper dust filter laying around but the mod it self was completely worth it. Temps while gaming have dropped 15-25c and even the CPU temps for my AIO cooler dropped my Ryzen 1700x by 10c!!! (Ambient temp is 70f) I was not expecting opening up the top to have such an improvement on temps for the CPU and was pleasantly surprised at the significant drop for the GPU. Pretty much all i did was cut a sloppy rectangle the acrylic top and there is just enough space for a 120mm in the roof, very sloppily and impatiently painted it black after some sanding and threw on a cut out of a old window screen, painted that black and presto chango. I might add a second fan but it seems like overkill atm.

The Case

Just after I cut and sanded the acrylic.

Lol I tired to mod the power LED to red by just covering the clear LED with red sharpie... I had a feeling it would turn out pink and sure enough...

The Results

New Idle Temps

Temps after running Firestrike a couple times. (I always have fans at 100% while gaming).

I will try to get better pics in a bit, I literally just finished and as you can see I need to do the dishes
smile.gif

·
Filthy Casual
2,949 Posts
Yeah... that case is totally a Aperture Turret.

"Are you still there?"

I've never seen this case before but I like what you did with the top panel. Looks good
thumb.gif

How was it to build in?

·
AMD Fanboy Using Nvidia
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajer29 View Post

Yeah... that case is totally a Aperture Turret.

"Are you still there?"

I've never seen this case before but I like what you did with the top panel. Looks good
thumb.gif

How was it to build in?
Absolutely the worst of any case I have ever encountered. If I could go back I would have never spent the $139.00. It is a cool case but the amount of problems I had with it and the lack of quality control make it closer to a $50ish worth case.

·
Filthy Casual
2,949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmatt1203 View Post

Absolutely the worst of any case I have ever encountered. If I could go back I would have never spent the $139.00. It is a cool case but the amount of problems I had with it and the lack of quality control make it closer to a $50ish worth case.
That's what I thought. After I came across your mod, I was interested enough to check Newegg. The reviews (there and every other re-seller) were about on par with what you said. I now see why you added the top exhaust fan. Seems like, from what I read, there is 0 air flow in this case un-modded.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I modded mine too,

I cut the bracket for the front top and bottom vents, flipped the PSU to make sure the fan is extracting and also added two 80mm fans to the back of the case and that made the trick. I'm currently running a 6700K @ 4.6Ghz with a single 120mm radiator and the CPU never go above 78c at full load.

I'm waiting on a waterblock for the graphics card and I'm also planning to add an external 80mm radiator with a 2" core.

Here are some pictures of the case.

·
Filthy Casual
2,949 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing how you'll fit the rad and other water cooling components in that little case.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajer29 View Post

I'd be interested in seeing how you'll fit the rad and other water cooling components in that little case.
I been thinking of two options modding the dual 3.5" HDD shroud and place it there side ways with the fans pulling air from the front or outside the case in the rear I will upload some pics when I'm done, I believe is going to take a couple weeks the waterblock I ordered have a 15 days order lead time but I heard is taking longer.

·
AMD Fanboy Using Nvidia
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0CK3T View Post

I modded mine too,

snip
Damn, Black looks so nice. Dat vega card :3 Wish I went black first time around...

I switched to a Case Labs BH2 tho... I was tired of the high temps and there is room for everything to breath now with no cables blocking airflow. A custom 1080 should not be hitting 78c with fans at 100%, now they barely go over 50c at 70% and my load for my 1700x dropped to no higher than 48c while gaming.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmatt1203 View Post

Damn, Black looks so nice. Dat vega card :3 Wish I went black first time around...

I switched to a Case Labs BH2 tho... I was tired of the high temps and there is room for everything to breath now with no cables blocking airflow. A custom 1080 should not be hitting 78c with fans at 100%, now they barely go over 50c at 70% and my load for my 1700x dropped to no higher than 48c while gaming.
I gave up on the portal, the airflow is bad period. So I ended up building this new one xDD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts