Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says I modded my psu and now the computer will not post with it attached.

It is a 400 watt FlexATX with the fan removed and the unneeded wires and connectors removed. For cooling it is sitting behind a fan/radiator combo. But heat cant be the issue since it will not even post. Is it possible that it needs a fan hooked up to make it happy? I tested it with a psu tester and it gives all the readings one would expect.

Ben

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
If you jumper it will it start?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. If I do that, the fans start running and so does my water pump. I also hooked it up to a PSU tester and good readings from each connector.

Ben

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I figured it out. I am cooling both power supplies with fans blowing through the radiators. So I removed the internal fans to save room. The Silverstone PSU works fine with no fan attached but the Enhance FlexATX PSU will not power on without a fan attached.

So for now I have a fan hooked up and just hanging out until I figure out how to make it work.

Ben

·
Computer Arsonist
2,620 Posts
You could maybe do some sort of like minimod and connect like something other than a fan (LED maybe?) or something that uses the same voltage to replace the fan? XD (Basically something else to trick the PSU into thinking its attached, only would probably work if its a 2 pin fan power though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts